Subject: HELP promotion and recruitment pools rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G J
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
I dont understand how these work. It wasnt explained well in rulebook. Can someone go into details as to how it works? I have mayfair version of game,thanks plz help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may promote a unit that participated in a battle you win. Obviously, once a unit reaches the 'crack' level it can not be promoted any further.

There is also a promotion phase where you can promote any one unit on the map.

Recruiting occurs at the end of a turn. You roll a die and can then recruit that many units. Treat a die roll of 1 as a 2. The problem with recruiting is you may only recruit 'green' units (I think they are referred to as militia in the game). The green units are the counters with the lowest numbers (2 for infantry and 1 for cavalry). Only one unit may be recruited at each recruiting space.

Hope the info helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the sequence of play for each side's turn is:

1. Movement
2. Combat
3. Promotions
4. Recruitment

If at any point during the Combat phase your side wins a battle (attacking OR defending) you ma promote 1 unit. A militia (2 for infantry or 1 for cavalry) promotes to veteran (3) or a veteran promotes to crack (3 with a -1 to enemy die rolls be hit). If you promote a militia to veteran, the militia goes into your force pool. If you promote a veteran to crack, the veteran just goes back into the stack of available veterans (not your force pool).

After all combats initiated by the active player are complete, that active player THEN gets to promote ANY one of their units on the board. Same rules apply as above.

After all that has taken place you make your recruitment roll. Your force pool will only ever contain militia. You take the number of units shown on the dice (take 2 if you roll a 1) from your force pool and place one at a time in any, friendly and controlled by your side, recruiting city (the spaces on the map with a number in a box with your side's color).

Red = CSA
Blue = USA

You may only place one unit per recruiting city per turn.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, Sean got it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G J
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
Is the recruitment pool randomised? Am iable to choose whether i recruit a cavalry or militia? Or is it chosen for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiemaster22 wrote:
Is the recruitment pool randomised? Am iable to choose whether i recruit a cavalry or militia? Or is it chosen for me

It is your choice what you recruit.

Choose wisely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Choi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When you promote a unit that has taken a hit, does it get promoted as an un-hit unit? Or does it retain the hit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been promoting them as un-hit, full strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.