Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/19/gather-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our new hero:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Other new player cards:

(Posting again for reference)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the timing, I'm pretty sure the new Imrahil ally will allow Caldara to bring one more ally into play with her ability. I'm guessing will see it in the next FAQ to confirm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elendil! For the West!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Incredible stuff. I wonder if this box will really focus on spirit and tactics and the next on lore and leadership.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
Incredible stuff. I wonder if this box will really focus on spirit and tactics and the next on lore and leadership.

Based on all of the previous Saga Expansions, I would guess we will see a Leadership Hero and a Tactics hero. That is if they want to have an equal number in each sphere.

The Black Riders: Leadership, Spirit, Tactics, Lore
The Road Darkens: Neutral
The Treason of Saruman: Spirit, Lore
The Land of Shadow: Leadership, Lore
The Flame of the West: Spirit, Tactics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
Lot of focus on armor, defense and cancellation. Pretty cool. I wonder if there will be a weapon to go with it.

I hope we get another big Leadership hero in that last box. There's been a preponderance Spirit and Lore in the sagas.

Does Caldara go into an intermediate state while using her discard ability? Or is it straight into the bin? If she goes straight in before resolving, then I believe Imrahil would count for it, since "While" is continuous, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: great minds, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
John85 wrote:

Based on all of the previous Saga Expansions, I would guess we will see a Leadership Hero and a Tactics hero.

Hmm maybe a Tactics Sam and Leadership ____? Eomer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eomer's absence is conspicuous. Though he may show up this box as an ally.

Article says Tactics Rohan gets a big ally. Well well well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mistertrench wrote:
Eomer's absence is conspicuous. Though he may show up this box as an ally.

Yeah I immediately though "no he'll be an ally" right after hitting submit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow cancellation in Tactics is incredible. Between the recently released Revealed In Power and the upcoming Sterner Than Steel Tactics is relying less and less on Spirit for help. And obviously Eowyn. It's pretty clear they wanted to give Tactics a boost and man did they. This box is going to be so awesome.

Really makes you wonder how amazing the last box will be. Surely they want to end the sagas with a bang.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else getting the idea that there may be a player card that discards a hero? Imrahil makes me think that there will be a small emphasis on sacrifice, obviously appropriate given this box's place in the book. If they're choosing to hold back on the Eomer reveal, I think that he will have some ability similar to Brok Ironfist, along the lines of "Response: After a hero is destroyed while defending an attack, put Eomer into play from your hand. Eomer gets +3 ATK until the end of the phase."

Also I just realized that Desperate Defense is extremely similar to that one tactics card from Heirs of Numenor that no one plays. Like, almost identical net effects. This one is better if there's no direct damage shadow cards, the other is better against an army of weenies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Seu L'eaux
United States
California
flag msg tools
Behind Strong Walls? Readies the defender and gives +1 Def.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Bauer
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I like: Eowyn, Theoden and Beregond from Tactics and you quest for 9 right out of the gate, have multiple heavy defenders (with golden shield or Shield of Gondor) and great attackers (if you have a way to play spirit with Herugrim) and Eowyns kill-strike. This could make Tactics a really solid choice for solo, especially for decks where you go the "protect the king and boost him" route. Nice!

Even with Beregond from Spirit you quest for 8 from the start and have spirit ready right from the go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mistertrench wrote:

It's nice to see Rohan get a bit of attention again - the Golden Shield looks great as well, although since I tend to run spirit/leadership in my Rohan deck it may not get much of a look in from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tactics shadow cancellation

spirit version of Behind Strong Walls

tactics Eowyn

spirit Beregond

dogs and cats, living together

MASS HYSTERIA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:

tactics Eowyn

spirit Beregond

MASS HYSTERIA

Haha seriously. Maybe it's just the excitement of new cards but these seem extra strong. So excited!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Flame of the West just changed to "Shipping Now" on FFG's website!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Does anyone know the expected Street Date? I'm definitely expecting this as Gen Con, but I'm curious when it will be available for everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactics Theoden, makes that shield give more defense which is nice. So on him, he is at 5 defense for one attack.

Desperate Defense is mostly better than behind strong walls, but one needs sentinel and the other needs a gondor hero. BSW also readies no matter the damage, so Desperate Defense against a big enemy might not ready. So overall I don't think it is 100% better, just another option.

In a tactics/spirit deck, you can even run both.

Still super excited for tactics Eowyn.

Spirit Beregond is better than the tactics version (which is at most 4 resources, but probably more like 2).

This guy could potentially keep your threat at the same level the while game if you just leave a weak enemy alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
The Flame of the West just changed to "Shipping Now" on FFG's website!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Does anyone know the expected Street Date? I'm definitely expecting this as Gen Con, but I'm curious when it will be available for everyone else.

I think shipping usually means 1-2 weeks (distributors then storefronts). Most games release Wednesday or Thursday (at my store at least) so next week or the following (or maybe they hold it to make a big splash at GenCon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing missing so far is the ability for Eowyn to fire tactical nuclear weapons (once for game) laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reckall wrote:
The only thing missing so far is the ability for Eowyn to fire tactical nuclear weapons (once for game) laugh

Hidden Cache + Black Arrow (+once per game ability+ Herugrim)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toliveischrist77 wrote:
dr00 wrote:

tactics Eowyn

spirit Beregond

MASS HYSTERIA

Haha seriously. Maybe it's just the excitement of new cards but these seem extra strong. So excited!!
i think they're really strong, but i also love how they bleed the colour pie a little bit between the spheres but in a relevant way

The Foe-Hammer is card draw in Tactics, normally a Lore staple, but requires first destroying an enemy and then exhausting a weapon attachment

Ancient Mathom for spirit requires exploring a location

a few cantrips for Leadership like Campfire Tales (well within Leadership's role of supporting everyone else) and Follow Me!, plus Valiant Sacrifice (losing an ally, which Leadership tries to get a lot of)

Sterner Than Steel is shadow cancellation that finally exists in tactics but again requires exhausting an armour or weapon attachment. it also requires only using it on your own character basically because you have to exhaust the attachment. Hasty Stroke can be used to save anyone.

but yeah, i'm super excited. it's crazy good, but balanced and highlights what the sphere is supposed to be doing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
Reckall wrote:

Hidden Cache + Black Arrow (+once per game ability+ Herugrim)?

Alas, Black Arrow needs a ranged character. But The Golden Shield gives her +8 defense just like that. Any other ability or effect that readies a character would allow Eowyn to pull her +9 attack in the same round. And with her waving around Herugrim I can easily see the area around her on the Pelennor Fields being avoided both allies and enemies - just in case...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hence, Dunedain Cache.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.