$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Paul Spreitzer
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newbie here. This has probably been asked and answered several times, but here it is anyway: how do I submit my own image (from my gallery) to propose it as the representative image for a game version that currently has no image?

I've looked at the FAQs and wikis, but they all refer to choosing images from the huge image database, not a user's gallery. (Unless my images are in the big main gallery and I haven't found them.cry)

Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameSprite wrote:
Newbie here. This has probably been asked and answered several times, but here it is anyway: how do I submit my own image (from my gallery) to propose it as the representative image for a game version that currently has no image?

I've looked at the FAQs and wikis, but they all refer to choosing images from the huge image database, not a user's gallery. (Unless my images are in the big main gallery and I haven't found them.cry)

Many thanks!

I don't think an image from your gallery can be a representative image. Just submit it as a game image, and once it is approved you can propose it as the representative image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to resubmit the image as an image for the game. If it's approved, then you can go into the gallery, click on the vertical "..." and propose it as the representative image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kuhn
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't do that. The image must be submitted to the game's gallery. Even then, you must propose the image as the representative image in GeekMod. That may be declined. The GeekModders get to decide which image from the gallery is representative, not a user.

EDIT: Wow! Triple ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Images from user galleries cannot become representative pictures.

The picture must be in the game's gallery. Then go to the picture and find the link to suggest it as a representative picture.

(From the picture itself -> Browse -> More -> Propose Representative Image)

Note that representative pictures should be useful in the small square size, so they should not have a lot of details nor large margins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!

To add to what everyone said, you can make an image (from the game's gallery) the representative image for a version, without making it the representative image of the game.

First step, upload it to that game's gallery so that it can go through geekmod.

If the version does not yet exist, submit the version and include the image's number in the representative image.

If the version already exists, look for the Add Version Link link to the left of the image, just above the avatar. This proposal will go through geekmod.

The first image linked to a version should become the rep image for the version.

If you need to propose a different image as the rep image for a version, go to the version's page, and click Browse X Images. Click More under the image, and Propose representative image. This proposal will also go through geekmod.

Image submissions

representative image

GeekMod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.