Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So my copy of LoV has really thin tiles and my copy of up has really thick tiles... is this normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a printing error very early in the 2nd print run where the tiles were very thin. It was corrected later.

If you contact custserv@mayfairgames.com, they will get that fixed for you.

It may be a little while, since they have said in another similar forum that they are out of this printing, but another is coming in the future and they will send them out once they arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I just got this game a couple of weeks ago. How thin are the thin tiles and how thick are the thick ones? I'd like to know which I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
blankfrancis wrote:
Bump

My tiles are 3.3mm thick. I've no idea if these are the thick or thin type, but I'm completely satisfied with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many copies were effected? If I was to order one now would it likely come with thin tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mok Taskmaster

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmb
Spagetti69 wrote:
How many copies were effected? If I was to order one now would it likely come with thin tiles?

Well, I just ordered one, and when I opened it. There was no insert, which was fine considering all the complaints about the insert being so bad which used to come with it. But, there is SO MUCH empty space in the box, wow.

As for my tiles, they're super thin. Maybe the thickness of 4 or 5 playing cards. I recently played for the first time a couple weeks ago, and those tiles were at least twice as thick as the ones in my box, and maybe even thicker than double.

(Both of my 2 FLGS spots did not have it in stock, so I did Amazon order it, it was Sold and Shipped by Amazon, and not a 3rd party - had either of my FLGS had it when I was feeling the need for (yet another) game, I'd have certainly purchased from them)

So, I suppose I need to email Mayfair and see if I can get replacements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MokTask wrote:
Spagetti69 wrote:

Well, I just ordered one, and when I opened it. There was no insert, which was fine considering all the complaints about the insert being so bad which used to come with it. But, there is SO MUCH empty space in the box, wow.

As for my tiles, they're super thin. Maybe the thickness of 4 or 5 playing cards. I recently played for the first time a couple weeks ago, and those tiles were at least twice as thick as the ones in my box, and maybe even thicker than double.

(Both of my 2 FLGS spots did not have it in stock, so I did Amazon order it, it was Sold and Shipped by Amazon, and not a 3rd party - had either of my FLGS had it when I was feeling the need for (yet another) game, I'd have certainly purchased from them)

So, I suppose I need to email Mayfair and see if I can get replacements?

If you have a set from the run with the really thin cardboard, then yes. It may still be a wait, though. I don't know if the next print run has been finished yet or not. You can at least put your name in, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thibeault
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone received there thicker tile replacements yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Winder
United States
California
flag msg tools
Any updates on the reprint with the thicker tiles and if they will still be sent out to people who have the thinner tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.