Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's all in the title.

I'm playing a Marshal focusing on Resolve, though I recently detoured to get "a story to tell" for more lore and speed. That said, I have a vested interest in what exactly the best 3 mutations are to keep around to boost my damage.
So far I have a prehensile tail, and I got my Punisher fused to it. Which I'm ok with, cause why wouldnt I use the, possibly, best shotgun in the game, plus now I cant lose it. And I recently bought a Cavalry saber for my free hand.
I wouldn't mind a void child for my third mutation (void child pistol for more shots)

So, what are your favorite mutations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Marshal has a tentacle mustache from game 1 that I am quite fond of and have had since the beginning. I also have a parasite stuck on my chest from a card I drew, I think its a gear card. I quite like that as well.

Ive had my eye grown over and my nose fell off which I had repaired via surgery, I didnt much care for those mutations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As far as mutations I've had removed: void speech, no nose, leg growth, fused fingers.
The devil's wheel is bad for your health y'all :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To date I don't think I've rolled a useful mutation or one that didn't go against what I thought my character should keep (I'm sorry a tentacle mustache does not equate to a comforting presence Ms Saloon Girl). In General I've been quick to get rid of them.

Madness on the other hand...I've had a lot of fun with an unhinged Huckster (using the expanded Madness tables in Hexcrawl) makes for great storytelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Our bandido is fused with rock and has a prehensile tail. He's saving up for a Void Hammer. I think he removed one or two unwelcome mutations including glowing skin. We use a Dark Stone Brute minu for him

My rancher has so far rolled tentacle fingers (ew, gross! surgically removed) and rock skin (next to useless when you already have 37 HP at level 4 - fixing to get that removed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
lieberoth wrote:
Our bandido is fused with rock and has a prehensile tail. He's saving up for a Void Hammer. I think he removed one or two unwelcome mutations including glowing skin. We use a Dark Stone Brute minu for him

My rancher has so far rolled tentacle fingers (ew, gross! surgically removed) and rock skin (next to useless when you already have 37 HP at level 4 - fixing to get that removed)

If you don't mind my asking, how the heck did you end up with 37 Health at only Level 4?!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbed Tail for melee heroes - extra combat? Yes please!

Prehensile Tile - great for everyone

Tentacle Tail - extra move is always nice

Fangs - free attack available every turn? Yes please!

Eye Stalks - great for heroes who crit a lot (use a shotgun, or have an extended crit range)

Void Boils (I think) - trading health for increased max grit. Only good if you've managed to increase your health significantly (my bandido mutated on 3 corruption at one point - lots of surgeries meant lots of scars)

The one that gives armor 4+ at the expensive of speed is one I've only kept on one hero - the hero with the Teleportation Bracelet and a ton of grit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Scott
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Solan wrote:
lieberoth wrote:

If you don't mind my asking, how the heck did you end up with 37 Health at only Level 4?!?!

I as well would like to know the answer to that question. My rancher has 19 health at level 3. I'm assuming he has the add health for each piece of clothing.

TO answer the mutation question, it's annoying to get fused fingers with the rancher, just saying!!!! I have rock skin with my rancher as well, although the movement is annoying as hell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pulis
United States
Greenfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the best options would be for you:

Prehensile Tail: Extra hand, and then get a Calvary Sabre for melee Attack.

Child of the Void: Gives You Extra lore (Extra Movement, Plus can get you the Void Child Pistol, a free attack that does not have weight.

Barbed Tail: +1 combat
Or
Fangs: Free Attack Biting D8 Damage
Or
Eye Stalks: Crits do +1 Damage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
darthjawa13 wrote:
Probably the best options would be for you:

Prehensile Tail: Extra hand, and then get a Calvary Sabre for melee Attack.

Child of the Void: Gives You Extra lore (Extra Movement, Plus can get you the Void Child Pistol, a free attack that does not have weight.

Barbed Tail: +1 combat
Or
Fangs: Free Attack Biting D8 Damage
Or
Eye Stalks: Crits do +1 Damage

I had a similar line of thought.

Prehensile tail, void child, barbed tail seems pretty ideal, except for the part where I'd mutate on every second corruption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pulis
United States
Greenfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just Try to find that amulet of Styx, or one of the other items that boost your tolerance for Coruption lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Which deck is the amulet of Styx in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.