Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this game from the designer while he and his wife were at Edinburgh Conpulsion this year. I've only started playing it a bit more recently and a few things are confusing me.

When you steal a seagull in which is on top of a Tower, what happens when underlying card doesn't connect with it's neighbours anymore?

Related to the above if you steal a seagull from the top of Tower do you take just the top card or the whole tower of cards?

Also when going for the highest tower card is the tower height equal to the number of cards - so that all cards are a 'tower' of 1 height?

When determining the largest sandcastle is it the total area of the castle (i.e. the number of cards showing) or the number of cards (i.e. including those buried within towers)?

The rules state you cannot attack a card that would split a castle, but can you still take a card that is between two other cards if the castle remains connected otherwise, for example if it was a loop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franks Body
msg tools
Hi Ian, Thanks for the questions.

To answer them in order.
When a seagull card is stolen and the underlying castle is now 'illegal' you have to fix it before scoring it. This can be done by placing another seagull card on top to make the sandcastle walls fit together. Alternatively you can abandon it and focus on building another sandcastle. You can have as many as you wish on the go at once.

Taking a seagull from the top of the tower - you just take the single seagull card.

The tallest tower is the total height of the tower (not just seagulls). So a bucket and three seagulls is a total of 4 high.

The biggest Sandcastle is the area yes. Think of it as a vertical snapshot looking down.

You can steal any card from an opponents sandcastle providing it doesn't break the line of the walls. So you're right, if there are four cards in a loop then any of them can be taken.

It sounds like you have been playing hard. Excellent. I hope that answers your questions.

Happy Gaming
Andrew Harman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the speedy response Andrew, I had come to the same conclusion on most of those but it was worth asking to make sure.

The only one I couldn't work out a fix was the first question - your solution is quite elegant so sounds perfect. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.