Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I just want to know if I did this right. Mission 3.
Tank 4 hexes away and I was allowed to move 4 hexes. Since we don't do paragraph check for U.S. soldiers I ran up to the tank, was in the same hex therefore giving me a base hit chance of 8 and rolled a 3 (the grenade wasn't a dud)...BOOM!!!angry
EFFECT: Incapacitated!
NOW...is the whole crew incapacitated or do I have to roll for all 5 crew members individually?
Please tell me the whole crew bought the farm!surprise

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
danpancaldi wrote:
Since we don't do paragraph check for U.S. soldiers....

That's not correct.

Quote:
7/3 Movement During Rounds
Make Paragraph Checks during movement in Rounds just as you do in Operations ignoring, however, any hexes calling for Event Checks, but still placing Event Markers.

danpancaldi wrote:
NOW...is the whole crew incapacitated

Yes

Quote:
17/11 Grenades and Satchel Charges
Tanks.
When a tank is open, a grenade can be tossed into the vehicle as if through a building aperture. The penalty for throwing through a non-adjacent aperture applies unless the throwing soldier is in the same hex as the vehicle. If a grenade explodes inside a tank, all occupants are killed and the vehicle is disabled. A grenade has no effect on a closed tank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I meant to say, we don't do paragraph checks when in action rounds......right? Only in mission 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
danpancaldi wrote:
Sorry, I meant to say, we don't do paragraph checks when in action rounds......right?

No, that's not correct.

Quote:
7/3 Movement During Rounds
Make Paragraph Checks during movement in Rounds just as you do in Operations ignoring, however, any hexes calling for Event Checks, but still placing Event Markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
danpancaldi wrote:
Sorry, I meant to say, we don't do paragraph checks when in action rounds......right? Only in mission 3.

From section 5/1 of the rules:

Quote:
Paragraph Checks are made during Rounds in this same manner. The only difference is that Event Checks are not per-formed during Rounds; another procedure is used to generate Events during Rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission 3 has special rules stating this.......I hope I'm right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
danpancaldi wrote:
Mission 3 has special rules stating this.......I hope I'm right!

Yes

Quote:
Mission 3: A Cold Morning in Belgium

SPECIAL RULES
Paragraph Checks.
When in Action Rounds, do not conduct Paragraph Checks when your soldiers enter hexes. Paragraph Checks for hex entry are conducted normally during Operations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so happy!!!! I don't have to start over again. Thanks!!!!kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Andrews
Wales
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Heya Dan,

I think you could only do this if you had two actions before the Germans as you can't move and throw a grenade in the same turn as moving.

From 6/7 (Page 14) "A soldier can never move and throw a grenade in the same Turn."

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmb
This is one of the great memories I have of this game - the day my squad took out a tank with a lucky grenade toss!

Feels good to be able to do SOMETHING. Glad you enjoyed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMadWelshWizard wrote:
Heya Dan,

I think you could only do this if you had two actions before the Germans as you can't move and throw a grenade in the same turn as moving.

From 6/7 (Page 14) "A soldier can never move and throw a grenade in the same Turn."

Craig

Oh nooooo! I actually don't remember if I had 2 actions!!!!!! Bloody hell man.
What do I do? Do I redo the scenario? Do I lie to myself and go on? THE HUMANITY.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a specific mention in the rules

If in doubt
Always favour your squad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danpancaldi wrote:
... Bloody hell man. What do I do? Do I redo the scenario? Do I lie to myself and go on? THE HUMANITY.:cry:

I always regard these situations (rules infractions identified post logical remediation) as the fortunes of war. I presume that you likely had two actions, and would have spent them properly had you fully grasped the rule. Carry on soldier...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldbrownsfan wrote:
danpancaldi wrote:
... Bloody hell man. What do I do? Do I redo the scenario? Do I lie to myself and go on? THE HUMANITY.cry

I always regard these situations (rules infractions identified post logical remediation) as the fortunes of war. I presume that you likely had two actions, and would have spent them properly had you fully grasped the rule. Carry on soldier...

ALRIGHT, my conscience is clean. I'm moving ahead, we've established a beachhead. Thanks to my initiative to overlook my orders! Extra food for all and cigarettes. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For future reference, the best way to overcome this rule is to have a commander give a turn to your grenade tosser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:
For future reference, the best way to overcome this rule is to have a commander give a turn to your grenade tosser.

That's a little unkind shake

He might be a very fine fellow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Young
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.