United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's an interesting theory, anyway

I've always been of the school that suggests one should not attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence...and this certainly qualifies. On the *other* hand...pulling lines from Michelle Obama's speech and (in passing) getting Rick Rolled? I dunno...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lewandowski (how does a guy who signed a non-disclosure agreement with Trump get a job on a news outlet covering the presidential campaign? I digress.) was really quick to call for Manafort's firing over this.

Though yeah, I tend to believe more in incompetence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it were just the plagiarism, I would easily write it off as just laziness and incompetence, but the Rick Roll leaves open the tantalizing possibility of in-house trolling.

Or this is just part of the big joke Trump has been playing this whole time. A delightful mock candidacy that would become the centerpiece of his empire of scamming and bullshit. He saw that America had an entire party based around riling up the ignorant half of the proletariat with xenophobia and anti-intellectual tribalism, who would be ripe for an authoritarian bully who would tell them whatever they wanted to hear. A mob of goons groomed for him by decades of talk radio and dog-whistle insanity.

Sure, it would require him doing a flip-flop on like a thousand things he's said in the past politically, but the nice thing about pandering to a facts-averse community is that there's no risk there.

The best part of this theory is that if he wins, it means that Clinton was so uninspiring that she lost to a guy who Rick-Rolled his own wife in a campaign speech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.