Subject: Resting Workers and Renown track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Adams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi All,

Just finished reading the rules and I have two questions.

1. Resting workers - Each time a take an action at a port that involves the bed symbol do I move a worker from below deck back onto deck? and/or flip an injured working whose below deck to his face-up side?

2. Page 12 has a great illustration of the renown track, but I can't find how it works anywhere in the text of the rulebook. I demo'd this game at BGG last year and I think it works that if I take the port action involving the renown symbol I move a cube onto/up the renown track and each time I reach 7 I take the top renown tile. Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance for the help! Can't wait to get this to the table.

Cheers,

Ben A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Any time you take the rest action, all crew members which are injured (below deck) are flipped to their front side. All crew members that are not injured below deck are moved to on deck. Those on deck are already rested so you don't do anything with them

2. There are ways you earn renown during the game, you track it on the renown track taking a 7 point token when it reaches that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Forbes
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, forgot to clarify what I was responding to.

#1 was answered already.

For #2, you are correct. And the renown track is discussed on the bottom of page 15 as part of the explanation for how Farwold works. It took me a second to find it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Adams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Oh wow! So all workers either flip or move above deck it's not 1 bed = 1 worker? Just want to clarify. I've been doing 1 for 1 which has been grueling at points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bentadams1 wrote:
Oh wow! So all workers either flip or move above deck it's not 1 bed = 1 worker? Just want to clarify. I've been doing 1 for 1 which has been grueling at points.

That is correct. All crew flip or move above deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
2. There are ways you earn renown during the game, you track it on the renown track taking a 7 point token when it reaches that space.

I would interpret this to mean that you get a reward every 7th renown you earn, but there's nothing that explicitly tells you to reset your renown count or start placing at 1 once you've reached 7 (the token I imagine would be your way of tracking multiples of 7 after a reset). Please confirm/correct me on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
I would interpret this to mean that you get a reward every 7th renown you earn, but there's nothing that explicitly tells you to reset your renown count or start placing at 1 once you've reached 7 (the token I imagine would be your way of tracking multiples of 7 after a reset). Please confirm/correct me on this.

You don't place the token on the 1 after you take the 7 renown token. At this point, you have 7 renown (because you took the token, and the cube with it). When you earn an 8th renown, then you will place your cube on the 1 again. At that point, it's math (7 + 1 = 8).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

As the previous poster said, it's simply math and the rulebook mentions something along the lines of take your renown token and then place your cube accordingly.

If you got exactly 7, place your cube off the board but if you were at 6 and scored 2 points you would take your renown token and place your cube on the #1 spot..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.