Empire of the Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Australian OOS in Australia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Has_hecho_trampas Has_hecho_trampas
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi,

I am playing a 1942 game with Japan. We are about to finish our first turn.

Before finishing I got a couple of questions about supply:

1.-For me it seems as if the Aus Corps 1 and 2 are OOS because there is no HQ to supply them and they are in Australia. Is not a bit strange?

2.-I have not taking Manila or Singapur since both are OOS. I want the ally to spend two cards to move Mac Arthur as well to reduce the units for free. Am I correct doing it? Seems as if the units are going to be reduced so I will save an activation to take control of Guadalcanal or Gil-Gil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has_hecho_trampas wrote:
Hi,

I am playing a 1942 game with Japan. We are about to finish our first turn.

Before finishing I got a couple of questions about supply:

1.-For me it seems as if the Aus Corps 1 and 2 are OOS because there is no HQ to supply them and they are in Australia. Is not a bit strange?

2.-I have not taking Manila or Singapur since both are OOS. I want the ally to spend two cards to move Mac Arthur as well to reduce the units for free. Am I correct doing it? Seems as if the units are going to be reduced so I will save an activation to take control of Guadalcanal or Gil-Gil.

1. Nope, not at all strange. Part of the design. The Australian losses are meant to abstractly represent contributions to ABDA and the DEI defense.

2. This is certainly a good way to go about it. It's very typical to see Japan conquer the DEI first but isolate Malaya and the Phillipines so attrition will reduce the ground units making the battles easier in Turn 3.

As for MacArthur, your experience may vary. The Allies may decide to just spend 1 card to put MacArthur on the track at the end of turn 3 and then will be free to put him on the board in Turn 4 during the reinforcement segment. It all depends on where South Pacific and AZAC end up and whether the Allies can realistically implement plan Orange and put a wrench into the Phillipines conquest with an allied corps and some army air.

It depends on how secure you feel as Japan leaving a possible enemy stronghold in your backyard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Larose
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding MacArthur, I typically spend 2 cards on GT2 to get him back in Aus before end of turn and save attrition. I don't find many uses for the AP hand on GT2 anyway.

I don't take the ABDA option anymore to save the card for ISR fix later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.