Subject: Amazing Strategy Game with Endless Replay Value rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cary Veitia
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I came across Stratos by chance at Florida Super Con 2016 while I was perusing the vendor hall - so glad I did because it has quickly become a favorite of mine.

The premise of the game is simple: you are playing on a tile-based board with a party that can be made up of 5 types of characters, each with a distinct ability and your goal is to get to 10 points before any of your opponents.

You will need resources to advance your strategy and that is where the tiles come into play - each tile affords you a different type of resource that allows you to upgrade your characters and perform different actions during the course of the game.

I come from a tabletop miniature background (Warmachine/Hordes) and love games that have strategic complexity - this game accomplishes this and more. Although the mechanics are simple enough to get in a matter of a couple of turns, the depth of strategy provided by the endless combinations of character abilities, cards (explorer or spell) and the map itself definitely challenges the most veteran of players.

I definitely think this game is for any "newbie" to board gaming as well as your hardcore euro-gamer; there is something for everyone, especially when you start playing the scenario based maps.

I highly recommend to start with scenario-based maps if you've never played a strategy game before. Given the fact that there are so many different avenues to victory having a specific goal to work towards will help a novice player grasp all mechanics while not getting lost in "what strategy to go with?" question.

Looking forward to see what else Board and Tale has in store for this game - can't wait for the next expansion or two!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Chodoriwsky
Canada
Hamilton
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Cary, it makes me very happy to know how much you appreciate what we've built. I'm especially excited to see what new scenarios you come up with as you learn the depths of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.