$35.00
Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Variants

Subject: Improved 2p action board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the official fix (adding the 3p resource card) and the new variant tile included in the revised edition I came up with this. Originally I was using the family day labor space but worried it might be overkill.

3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So they didn't add the 2p variant fix to the new revised edition?

This looks great by the way. I plan on buying the super deluxe edition next year, otherwise I would love to get this printed out!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
familygaming wrote:
So they didn't add the 2p variant fix to the new revised edition?

This looks great by the way. I plan on buying the super deluxe edition next year, otherwise I would love to get this printed out!


No they added the multi choice tile as a "variant"option. I decided to include it and the 3p resource card to give players more options and they all seem quite nice and worth competing over. Also less chance for someone to get totally screwed out of a turn.

I just can't decide if day labor should be two food or one resource and a food?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This is just brilliant and amazing, I can't believe no one has done a new board with the 3P card.
I think that if you posted a version of this without the new variant tile (i.e. the original board with just the 3P card added) you would make some people very happy.
I am sure a lot play mainly 2P and use the official fix to soften the brutality of the 2P game (and preserve their relationships).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Simonjohn wrote:
This is just brilliant and amazing, I can't believe no one has done a new board with the 3P card.
I think that if you posted a version of this without the new variant tile (i.e. the original board with just the 3P card added) you would make some people very happy.
I am sure a lot play mainly 2P and use the official fix to soften the brutality of the 2P game (and preserve their relationships).


I've been testing it a little further and came up with some more revisions. The get any two resources seemed a little too strong when combined with the new action space from the revised edition. I decided to reduce to one and also use the build stable/bake bread spot from the family side of the board.

Here is what it looks like now

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a version with a the ability to get any two resources, not sure if this is too powerful with the other options available but need help testing them.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My quick thought is that adding a second way to Bake Bread is huge. Both players could comfortably pursue baking strategies, which I don't think is supposed to happen. As I recall, the Baker is not a 2p occ, right? I think it's to force people to pursue different feeding strategies, or at least take the risk of getting blocked from baking.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
byrdru wrote:
My quick thought is that adding a second way to Bake Bread is huge. Both players could comfortably pursue baking strategies, which I don't think is supposed to happen. As I recall, the Baker is not a 2p occ, right? I think it's to force people to pursue different feeding strategies, or at least take the risk of getting blocked from baking.


It's from the family side of the board. But you might be right, we haven't tested it yet. The fact the other one is tied to the sow action means it's usually taken even if the player isn't baking bread
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I reading this right? In a two player game in the new version of Agricola, both stone and cows are available from turn one?!?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
RockLobster wrote:
Am I reading this right? In a two player game in the new version of Agricola, both stone and cows are available from turn one?!?

Well a player has to choose one of the spots when taking that action. Here is a scan of the variant tile by itself



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That vastly changes the two player game. I might have to give this a try in my older version. Cattle ranching, here I come!

Reeds are still a choke point (without the addition of the 3p card, anyway), I see. Very interesting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2017!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the way it works in the new revised edition is that if either player takes one of those actions, then the rest of them cannot be taken until the next round.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:
I believe the way it works in the new revised edition is that if either player takes one of those actions, then the rest of them cannot be taken until the next round.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.


Exactly
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
RockLobster wrote:
Wow. That vastly changes the two player game. I might have to give this a try in my older version. Cattle ranching, here I come!

Reeds are still a choke point (without the addition of the 3p card, anyway), I see. Very interesting.


That's why I created the new action board for those of us with the older version
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Dalen
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it! Thanks for putting this together, I'll give it a try soon
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob0Rider wrote:
Love it! Thanks for putting this together, I'll give it a try soon


You're welcome. Let me know which combination works best.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp
United States
Yellowstone National Park
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks pretty awesome. I printed off the little variant board and will try it out next time we play!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not up to speed on what has changed with the revised edition from the original. Which one of the boards do I use with my original copy when playing a 2p game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.