13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Sons of Anarchy: Men of Mayhem - $17.49 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Mosher
msg tools
mb
Base game for $17.49. Free shipping with Amazon order over $49. $33 at CSI and MM.

https://www.amazon.com/Gale-Force-SOA001-Anarchy-Mayhem/dp/1...

Also found a seller on Amazon selling this for $15.75 with free shipping. Only 4 left at this price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1940825237?m=ADTMV9WLLQTQ&ref_=v_s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
jaem05 wrote:
Base game for $17.49. Free shipping with Amazon order over $49. $33 at CSI and MM.

https://www.amazon.com/Gale-Force-SOA001-Anarchy-Mayhem/dp/1...

Also found a seller on Amazon selling this for $15.75 with free shipping. Only 4 left at this price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1940825237?m=ADTMV9WLLQTQ&ref_=v_s...

$15.75 through a 3rd party even! What a great price!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic game. Worker placement with lots of conflict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hsu
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:

Picked this up a while ago for $25... and it's still one of the main games I play often with my gaming group. Also ended up buying both expansions (so that we can have a 6 player game going).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
dunnypop wrote:
stormseeker75 wrote:

Picked this up a while ago for $25... and it's still one of the main games I play often with my gaming group. Also ended up buying both expansions (so that we can have a 6 player game going).

Paid the same price myself. Simple to teach, lots of depth, variable game board......I can go on, this game is fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PhotoJoeCA
United States
Bellflower
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Damnit, that D6 vs D6 rolloff. A game that looks this interesting shouldn't have such a random element. I like my randomness to create situations for players to deal with, in the way locations and anarchy cards are setup and revealed, not to determine the results of an effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
PhotoJoeCA wrote:
Damnit, that D6 vs D6 rolloff. A game that looks this interesting shouldn't have such a random element. I like my randomness to create situations for players to deal with, in the way locations and anarchy cards are setup and revealed, not to determine the results of an effort.

I don't know if you have ever been in or witnessed a multi person brawl, but they tend to be very random......and just like in real life(as in the game) bringing guns or more people to the fight help tip the scales in your favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Weimer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...

I've been interested in this game for a while since I loved the show. But all the reviews and stuff seem to dislike it. So I wasn't sure whether it was worth picking up. Incredibly cheap price though and you guys seem to enjoy it. So now I'm conflicted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh J
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I would pick it up, but I just don't think it would get played much being in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Senatorweims16 wrote:
But all the reviews and stuff seem to dislike it.

I actually picked it up because all the reviews seemed to like it. Only one that didn't was Sam Healy on the Dice Tower because the violent theme was too much for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Papperello
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:

$15.75 through a 3rd party even! What a great price!

10 available from a 3rd party for $15.50 with free ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this four or five times and the purple gang dominated every game with their ability to call in every single unit to every combat at no cost.

I'm not going to say it's definitively broken, but it's enough that I don't want to play it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamal Green
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
Played this four or five times and the purple gang dominated every game with their ability to call in every single unit to every combat at no cost.

That does sound strong. It should be noted that that is the "High Octane" ruleset for the game. In the "Unleaded" version everyone starts with the same stuff and there are no special powers.

I agree with others that this a good game, but I also agree that the theme can be brutal. One of my maddest moments in gaming was after negotiating to have a weapon-free throwdown (because a gun battle would have seriously crippled both of us and given the win to the other gang not involved) and then seeing my friend pull guns and essentially eliminate me from the game. Ugh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.