Subject: [Q] Any tips on keeping track when PBEM? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Bernstein
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm playing my first PBEM Titan game and I'm not sure how best to keep track of the masterboard. I can break out my AH bookcase game and lay out the counters, etc., but I think my cats will eventually mess it up.

I was looking at the Titan gamebox for cyberboard but I'm not too clear on how to go about setting it up. Can I manually lay out counters with Colossus? A buddy of mine says he prints the map and keeps track with a pencil.

Any recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Colossus might have an option to choose die rolls, it definitely has one for unlimited mulligans. Would that be enough, using concessions / negotiations for combat results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Woodson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This website is great for PBEM or FtF. Graphics aren't all that, but the it enforces some of the rules. Also a great number of opponents available on the site.

http://acts.warhorsesim.com/index.asp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bernstein
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
Will ACTS let me set up stacks manually or do I need to "play"? Or do I feed it moves and it builds the stacks itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ACTS automates the entire process, except sometimes for the scoring.

The most frequent problem I've had on ACTS is that a battle with a Titan will end in a mutual, taking out the player whose Titan died -- and the loser will close the battle with a score of zero, forgetting to give the winner his half-points for creatures killed before the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
jdgalt wrote:
ACTS automates the entire process, except sometimes for the scoring.

The most frequent problem I've had on ACTS is that a battle with a Titan will end in a mutual, taking out the player whose Titan died -- and the loser will close the battle with a score of zero, forgetting to give the winner his half-points for creatures killed before the end.

Note, you get half points for characters that were NOT killed before the battle ended. This is for killing the titan. Because the battle was a mutual, no points are awarded for characters killed in th battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
You might want to track which characters can be in which legions in a file and just look at the ascii art to see where legions are positioned. That used to work pretty well for me a long time ago.
If you put out actual counters you can't easily tracked possible locations for them using the counters. So you either risk confusion or you end up doing separate tracking anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brunowolff wrote:
Note, you get half points for characters that were NOT killed before the battle ended. This is for killing the titan. Because the battle was a mutual, no points are awarded for characters killed in the battle.

Correct, my mistake. The point being that ACTS isn't smart enough to give them to you, and often the eliminated player wasn't paying attention or doesn't care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.