Subject: Token trouble rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Rivera
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
Received the 2nd edition from Amazon today and I just wanted to mention how, when looking at the artwork solely from a computer screen, I wasn't as fond of it as much as I am of the first edition. Having it physically in my possession, however....the artwork is really, really good. I'm a huge fan of the cartoonish 1st edition still, but the 2nd edition just pops so well and is beautiful up close.

The one problem I do have though (minor gripe) is with the tokens.

In the first edition, each token (poison, shrink ray, etc) was markedly different and easily identifiable from a glance. Poison is green. Shrink ray is blue. Smoke is white.

With the second edition, the 4 different tokens use the same colors!

The poison and smoke cards use purple/blue tokens, while the shrink and mimic are of a light green color.

Again, minor gripe as multiple tokens coming out in the same game is rare, but it was much easier to differentiate tokens when sitting across from one another, and such a shame when the first edition got this part so right. Poison being green made sense to me. The bright blue with the white lightning zig zag was the shrink token. There was no question what was what.

I've settled for sleeving the cards and mixing and matching the editions to suit our eyes and playing needs, and unfortunately the 2nd edition token powers just aren't as good as the first.

Other than that, I'm very happy with my purchase!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you colour the rim of each token in a different colour using a pen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
sojasonk wrote:
With the second edition, the 4 different tokens use the same colors!

Good to know! I'll add this to our errata document to see if we can alter them for the next printing. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.