Subject: Overruns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DJ
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Overruns at 6:1 odds (taking DMs into consideration) auto eliminate the overrun defenders. Correct? Just making sure you don't have to roll or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Goh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Budding wargamer
badge
My role model for his brains, calm demeanour and appetite for snacks!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is right.

13.54 CASUALTIES: Units which are overrun are eliminated and are immediately removed from the board. The moving player suffers no losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading an ULTRA article from 2005 about the attack on Poland and when talking about the overrun of the 1-3, South of Warsaw, it says the German could roll a 1 and lose an AAF. I guessing in an old ruleset you had to roll? Or maybe it's assuming you haven't eliminated the Polish air.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Goh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Budding wargamer
badge
My role model for his brains, calm demeanour and appetite for snacks!
mbmbmbmbmb
That article uses an outdated set of rules.

The last paragraph of the same page in the article states rule 15.54 as follows:

Quote:
15.54 EARLY GERMAN OVERRUNS AND EXPLOITATION:
ATTACKS: "Ex" results from German overruns and exploitation attacks are treated as "Ex-1" results:

which indicates a previous need to roll for overruns.

Now, the same rule 15.54 in the latest ruleset now reads as:

Quote:
15.54 EARLY GERMAN EXPLOITATION ATTACKS: "Ex" results from German exploitation attacks are treated as "Ex-1" results:

"Overruns" has been removed from the rule because of the lack of a need for a combat roll, which is consistent with 13.54
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.