6 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: rezzed still installed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörg Weiß
msg tools
Hi,

we were playtesting and ran into a discussion yesterday. My opponent doubts that cards are still "installed", when they are "rezzed" (I wanted to use Femme Fatal to mark an already rezzed Ice; http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/uploads/an/ffg_femme-fatale...).

I was of the opinion they are (I think all cards on the table are installed and stay installed as long as they are not put on the heap/archive), but it's hard to prove. Am I right?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Kern
Germany
Gernsheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you are correct. All cards on the table are installed, even rezzed ICE and even those cards hosted on other cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Weiß
msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Oliveira
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mayhemnc wrote:
you are correct. All cards on the table are installed, even rezzed ICE and even those cards hosted on other cards.

Actually, there are cards that are hostes but not installed, like those on Street Peddler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bayushi_Oliveira wrote:
mayhemnc wrote:

Actually, there are cards that are hostes but not installed, like those on Street Peddler.
there are others as well, but the rule of the thumb is to check whether the card was installed previously (and then hosted, such as Caissa programs), if it hosts directly of its own volition (like Parasite), or if the hosting effect says 'install' (like London Library)

in those cases, hosted cards will be installed

there's also Dinosaurus and a few Daemon programs that mention that they can host programs. you install those programs through the regular install action (and therefore, they are installed)

some example of uninstalled hosted cards:
aforementioned Street Peddler
Personal Workshop
Oversight AI, Patch, Sub Boost, etc. (events that host themselves on ICE... that in fact cease to be cards at all and become counters)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vaduva
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use an action/card to "install" a card, the card is considered "installed" until it is "uninstalled". The Core Rules first defines "install" on page 5:

Core Rules, p 5 wrote:
Install: This is the game term for playing a card onto the table.

*Do note that some cards allow you "host" a card but doesn't specifically say "install", these cards are not installed (i.e. Street Peddler, Personal Workshop). Hosting and installing are not mutually exclusive.

Uninstall is defined in the FAQ:

FAQ 3.1, p. 3 wrote:
Uninstalled
Any time an installed card enters HQ, R&D, Archives; the Runner’s grip, stack, or heap; either players score area; or is removed from the game, the card has been “uninstalled.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.