Hide
5 Posts

Near and Far» Forums » General

Subject: Above and Below Expanded Edition content, into it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denmark
flag msg tools
I am considering only backing the Above and Below Expanded Edition content, but at about 40$ including shipping to eu, is it worth it?
I know its kind of a nebulous question, but it would be nice to hear some comments from the Expanded Edition owners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be better to look through the Above and Below forum, where people have written about this, or else at least to ask there where you have a better chance of hitting people who have it.

Eg this thread:A&B stretch goals in N&F KS campaign: what do they add?

and generally this forum:Above and Below: Expanded Edition exclusives
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thank you, will check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ellis
United States
Aloha
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Try a new game today :)
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you love Above and Below it should be worth it. If you are doubting that means you should probably pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tullis wrote:
near some comments from the Expanded Edition owners.

Let me start with "I wish"! Missed it when I had the chance. My wife and friends and I really enjoy Above and Below, the retail box version. It's a great story-telling game and sometimes that is just the thing we are looking for after a day of heavier/longer games such as Empires: Age of Discovery, or Castles of Burgundy (which always seems to take us 2.5-3 hours for some reason), or Merchants and Marauders, etc.

We have 10-or-so plays of Above and Below so far this year and are only repeating stories infrequently--at least so far. While we genuinely do not miss the wood bits in the Expanded Edition, we have wished upon occasion we had the EE stories to 'explore' (pun intended). So when Near and Far went live on Kickstarter, I eagerly backed to get the extended stories (and extra bits required for the EE stories) so we could experience that.

Just picked up Islebound and looking forward to playing both A&B and Islebound over the rest of the year while we wait for Near and Far to be delivered.

All in all, a big fan of Red Raven Games and Ryan's work and looking forward to what comes next from them!

~Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.