Subject: Dual wielding with prehensile tail rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Rydling
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Some questions on dual wielding with our Bandida character that has a prehensile tail. (The prehensile tail mutation description reads "The character has an extra hand to use per turn".)

1. Can she dual wield 1 2-handed melee weapon + a 1-handed melee weapon?
2. Can she dual wield 1 2-handed gun + a 1-handed gun?
3. Can she equip 3 1-handed pistols and triple wield them?

If the answer to all above is no, what is the main benefit of having a prehensile tail in combat? Is it useful in combat only if you equip the cavalry saber?

Thanks for any help!
/T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
trydling wrote:
Hi all,

Some questions on dual wielding with our Bandida character that has a prehensile tail. (The prehensile tail mutation description reads "The character has an extra hand to use per turn".)

1. Can she dual wield 1 2-handed melee weapon + a 1-handed melee weapon?
2. Can se dual wield 1 2-handed gun + a 1-handed gun?
3. Can she equip 3 1-handed pistols and triple wield them?

If the answer to all above is no, what is the main benefit of having a prehensile tail in combat? Is it useful in combat only if you equip the cavalry saber?

Thanks for any help!
/T

Dual wielding is two 1 handed ranged weapons, no more, no less and no two or three handed weapons. You must have at least two hands to do that. At least one effect reduces your number of hands.

Having a third hand enables you to have other things that count as a hand (Orb of Ro'kul or the Trophy Shield for examples) or to use three hands worth of melee weapons at one time. Or as you say to use a Cavalry sabre and a two handed weapon together. Or use the Book of Armageddon and the Holy Book simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't been able to find any written rule that would stop a character from using 3 one handed weapons or a two handed weapon and a one handed weapon together. I think a dual gun bandito would even retain his ability to crit with 3 pistols.

Just my 2 cents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have extended the dual-wielding rules to apply to triple-wielding (or dual-wielding with a 2H gun and 1H gun), with the same no-criticals restriction.

I think the closest we've gotten to any sort of official response on this is from a playtester:

Harlow Morgan wrote:
If I recall correctly, the intention is that you can use any number of items that you have the hand icons to equip. If you have three hand icons, you can use three one-handed weapons or a one-handed item and a two-handed item.

As far as dual wielding goes, the rules should probably read something like "When firing more than one weapon as a Ranged attack, none of the weapons fired can may score Critical Hits (any 6s rolled count as a normal hit)."

Also, note that Free attacks (like the hold out pistol) are not part of the Ranged attack.

Re: Prehensile Tail "dual wield"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
I haven't been able to find any written rule that would stop a character from using 3 one handed weapons or a two handed weapon and a one handed weapon together. I think a dual gun bandito would even retain his ability to crit with 3 pistols.

Just my 2 cents

Here you go:
SHadows of Brimstone Rulebook p30 wrote:

Normally a Hero is only allowed to make a Ranged Attack with a single Ranged Weapon. However, a Hero that has two Single-Handed Ranged Weapons may fire both as a single Ranged Attack! This is called Dual Wielding.

It would be worded differently if it meant anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rydling
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for your answers! I think we will play it as written -- only 2 1-handed weapons allowed for dual wielding ranged weapons. Maybe adding a cavalry saber in the tail, or going full melee by having 3 1-handed melee weapons equipped. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.