Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm not clear on where you put "prize ships" once they are captured. The rules state that they count for double points and they are place on your victory point deck. But, it also states that these points are not awarded until the end of the round. This hints, that the "prize ship" could be retaken or sunk. Is this correct???

WHERE in the playing area is the prize ship supposed to go when you capture it???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, so I can't cite the relevant passage, but...

You put the prize behind your fleet. It must be recognized to be attacked. I don't think it can be recaptured, only sunk to keep you from getting the points.

If you look through the deck, many of the cards talk about recognizing or attacking a warship or prize.

I hope that helps. I may be able to look it up later, if no one else finds the exact paragraph in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xlegion wrote:
I'm not clear on where you put "prize ships" once they are captured. The rules state that they count for double points and they are place on your victory point deck. But, it also states that these points are not awarded until the end of the round. This hints, that the "prize ship" could be retaken or sunk. Is this correct???

WHERE in the playing area is the prize ship supposed to go when you capture it???

From the rules:-

3.2.5 Prize Ships
An Intercept! of a Merchantman may result in its capture. Captured Merchantmen are referred to as Prize Ships and are added to a player's back row along with their Warships & Raiders. To capture a Merchantman, a boarding party and/or non-combatant card must be played as part of the Intercept!.

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks Chris, that certainly helps. Crazy thing is, I even had it highlighted in my copy of the rules. I am in general agreement with many players though that the manual is not well written nor laid out. Fun game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Mercer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe this will help. Here's a template I came up with as a play aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Twine
United Kingdom
Near Portsmouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to your video on this game devil

Seriously though, I think the game needs a champion and anything that can help players get into it, despite the rules, is a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lynch
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It IS Written weirdly, and I have a question or two myself....seee my new thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.