Hide
10 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: RTL: out of monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sabine ---
msg tools
I played a mission and had to place the elemental group at a certain point. Since I play with four heroes I had to place them all.
Later the mission orderd me to place one master elemental ignoring group limits.
I did nothing, since I had no figure available. Was that correct?

Even later I defeted the elemental minion. Shortly after the mission orderd me again to place the master elemental ignoring group limits. Now I was completly lost. I optet for exchanging the master on the board for the minion and placed the master as orderd. Certainly not correct, but what would you have done? Placing non felt already like cheating the first time.

Edit says, they are called masters not elite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters are always limited by their supply (and usually also by their group limit). So in both cases, the correct course of action would have been to do nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taatgen
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
Monsters are always limited by their supply (and usually also by their group limit). So in both cases, the correct course of action would have been to do nothing.

I am not so sure about that: at least in one RTL quest

Spoiler (click to reveal)
you had to repeatedly remove barriers, and after each barrier there a master elemental appeared. That quest would have been a lot easier with a maximum of one master elemental on the board at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sabine ---
msg tools
That is exactly the quest I was on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still there is only 1 master elemental in the box, so if it is already on the board, you cannot place it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played this quest, and I think I may have mis-read the middle door. I thought it might have said place a minion elemental, rather than a master. Meaning it would have been master, then minion, then master again. Not 100% sure though. Either way, if you can somehow sneak past the elemental and open the next door, the app should know the master is still on the board and should react accordingly, IMO. Hopefully the devs can patch this at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sternenschwester wrote:
I played a mission and had to place the elemental group at a certain point. Since I play with four heroes I had to place them all.
Later the mission orderd me to place one master elemental ignoring group limits.
I did nothing, since I had no figure available. Was that correct?

Even later I defeted the elemental minion. Shortly after the mission orderd me again to place the master elemental ignoring group limits. Now I was completly lost. I optet for exchanging the master on the board for the minion and placed the master as orderd. Certainly not correct, but what would you have done? Placing non felt already like cheating the first time.

Edit says, they are called masters not elite.

Report the problem for: softwaresupport@fantasyflight.com.

But strangely, if I remember correctly, never see this issue. Need check again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not understand why this is supposedly an issue.

The app doesn't know whether or not the master elemental is already defeated. It just tells you to respawn it if it is. Feel free to ignore the message if it conflicts with the core game rules. I don't think there is a bug here at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
There are some game components you would proxy if you do not have enough. Wound tokens, fatigue tokens, threat tokens, things such as this where you need many and could still potentially run out. All of them are listed in the rulebooks.

Monsters are not on the list of things to place as proxies, except with Secret room challenge tokens, and only because the rules about secret rooms permit this. If RtL tells you to place a monster that is beyond the limit, you are allowed to remove one existing monster from the map to fulfill this requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:
I played this quest, and I think I may have mis-read the middle door. I thought it might have said place a minion elemental, rather than a master. Meaning it would have been master, then minion, then master again. Not 100% sure though. Either way, if you can somehow sneak past the elemental and open the next door, the app should know the master is still on the board and should react accordingly, IMO. Hopefully the devs can patch this at some point.

I had the same concern, but I checked the log and it said "master." You can check the log in the app at any time to see every instruction you have received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.