Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Games in the Classroom

Subject: Wargaming in the Classroom: An Odyssey rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
But the drumbeat strains of the night remain in the rhythm of the newborn day.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

This article is well worth your time to read, particularly if you are teaching at the secondary or adult level. The author, Dr. James Lacey is the Professor of Strategic Studies at the Marine Corps War College. He teaches at the collegiate level but much of the material is fully suitable to High School and some to the Middle School levels.

http://warontherocks.com/2016/04/wargaming-in-the-classroom-...

This is an easy read (a bit long) and references the specific boardgames he used and how they applied to the curric at hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
General
badge
The War Room
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be my dream job. I include games in the classroom but you have to work around time limits. I will be teaching the "Civil War in Louisiana" in a 3-hour night class in the Fall; so I am planning on introducing a couple of wargames. As a class project, teams of students will have to research the facts of a campaign or battle or impact on society/economy, etc. and create a learning simulation. Or at least that is the plan. Let's see, there is Mansfield, Baton Rouge, Port Hudson, Vicksburg, fall of New Orleans/Forts St. Philip/Ft. Jackson, and a lot of action right around my neck of the woods on which I have written extensively. Guerrilla warfare anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.