Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

A Glorious Chance: The Naval Struggle for Lake Ontario in the War of 1812» Forums » General

Subject: Components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has there been any artwork progress on the map, charts and counters for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At Legion Wargames, that typically happens sometime after a game on the CPO list passes the halfway point to its preorder requirement.

Exactly when is up to Randy.

A Glorious Chance is just about halfway to its 250 CPOs needed to make cut.

Some Legion designers are also gifted board game artists. But any components you've seen online for AGC thus far have been playtest versions that I created. I'm just the designer and I'm no artist, so I have no plans to do anything artsy beyond this point.

But you can rest assured that if/when Legion publishes this game, the components and artwork will be as delightful as their other games we love.

Getting a game like this to from halfway to the finish line is a challenge. I know that we'd hit 250 CPOs much faster if the game we're showing you contained all the lovely final artwork and components right now. But the money to pay for that has to come from the preorders. Legion has to know that they will at least break even on this title before spending any development money on it. This is especially true for Legion, because they don't charge customers anything for a preorder until a game is ready to ship.

Thank you to those who have preordered to date. Keep the faith!

So, spread the word, tell your friends, and someday soon we'll see AGC. If anyone is holding back on a CPO to see final components, that's only going to slow it down. If you like it enough to follow it online and post about it, please order. You risk nothing at this stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
This is the only look at me you will get. The first hint the bad guy gets that I am nearby will be the sound of the torpedo coming out of his baffles with high up-doppler.
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered, and it was your videos that convinced me. You've put a lot of research into the game, it seems to me, and I like what I see on the videos.

Best of luck in reaching publication!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Gina.
I can appreciate the financial risks a company faces in this process.
I am sure you understand the potential customer's buying motivations too.

I was born in the Watertown area near Sacketts Harbor and raised near Oswego, NY. That's why I have so much interest in this theatre of warfare.

I hope you keep us posted on the game's progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jpr755 wrote:
I pre-ordered, and it was your videos that convinced me. You've put a lot of research into the game, it seems to me, and I like what I see on the videos.

Are there any other aspects of A Glorious Chance that anyone still "on the fence" would like to see previewed or watch a video about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
Broadsword56 wrote:
jpr755 wrote:

Are there any other aspects of A Glorious Chance that anyone still "on the fence" would like to see previewed or watch a video about?

Wow even better. Was shying away because she fmthe graphics but now that I have the info about the graphics I literally put my cpo in...

For some reason your mechanics reminds of a game from white dog games. Don't tread on me ... I will try to post more about this game to get more people interested! So I'm assuming it still has to hit 250 to print?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Geronimo, and yes: 250 CPOs is Legion's threshold to move AGC into final development and eventual publication. So please do help spread the word!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Legion Wargames has updated the map artwork for A Glorious Chance.
The map was created as a labor of love by player Stephen Oliver, who has some excellent ideas for the game's graphics and the artistic "chops" to show us how great the game can look:

http://www.legionwargames.com/legion_AGC_MG.html

While this isn't final production art, it's one more indication to the faithful that Legion wants to publish AGC and appreciates those who have preordered so far.

Only 40 preorders to go before we make the cut and AGC goes to final development, artwork/components, and eventual publication!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadsword56 wrote:
Legion Wargames has updated the map artwork for A Glorious Chance.
The map was created as a labor of love by player Stephen Oliver, who has some excellent ideas for the game's graphics and the artistic "chops" to show us how great the game can look:

http://www.legionwargames.com/legion_AGC_MG.html

While this isn't final production art, it's one more indication to the faithful that Legion wants to publish AGC and appreciates those who have preordered so far.

Only 40 preorders to go before we make the cut and AGC goes to final development, artwork/components, and eventual publication!

Looks great! I am already pre-ordered but hopefully this will tip some others over the edge. I can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
Total win!!! Make more videos so I can send it to everyone and get htem interested!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will, Geronimo.

The next video will be about integrating A Glorious Chance with miniatures and tactical boardgames, for those who might want to do that. It will also showcase my 3D printed ships (available at Shapeways)of all the major vessels in the campaign, and an optional print-and-play Grand Tactical add-on I've made to translate the operational situation of an encounter into the parameters for a tabletop tactical scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.