Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused on the pass through stone ability. This is how I think it works but wanted to check.

She can take one step of her movement, you can place on a new spot up to 4 spaces away on the same elevation no matter what she passed through to get there, roll the dice, apply effects, and end her movement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rad
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negmon wrote:
I am a little confused on the pass through stone ability. This is how I think it works but wanted to check.

She can take one step of her movement, you can place on a new spot up to 4 spaces away on the same elevation no matter what she passed through to get there, roll the dice, apply effects, and end her movement?

That's the way I understood it. Good question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that she takes her entire regular move of 4 before Pass through Stone kicks in. It sounds to me as if the "moving ... for the first time each turn" part is only there to bar her from Passing through Stone twice on a turn if she has some means of moving twice, like the Sprint ability that Nissa and the Elf Rangers have. Even if I think there is currently no way to let Nahiri move twice on a turn. (Or is there? I don't own Innistrad yet and haven't looked at all of its spell cards so far.)

Otherwise Pass through Stone should say "after moving Nahiri by 1 space" or similar. And even then, it would still not be settled whether she can still continue her regular move after the "Pass through Stone move" (which I would deem more likely than not if Pass through Stone were to be used after moving by only 1 space).

But I can't be certain, of course, this seems to be yet another instance of an unfortunately too unclear rule in this game that would need an official clarification to settle it for good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
That's how i understand it as well.
The card doesn't say anything about passing through stuff, but given the name, that's pretty much what it has to be...
I understand it as: She can pass through: Tiles / walls / cryptoliths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.