Subject: Winning or losing a game: when do you check? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Lastri
Italy
Verona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yesterday evening we were playing the second scenario and at the end we got "stuck".

We needed only one other bound spell (the 4th) but we had only one mana left over. The active player used her last action to cast a spell, a botch, that was directly bound. The problem is that one of the other lvl 4 bound spells was the fire ball that set fire to the room. She couldn't escape fire so she was sure to die at the end of the turn.

Now the question, did we won immediatly after the 4th spell bounding (after/before casting all the other botches?) or did we lost because the victory check is made after the threat endurance?

I checked the rules but it's not so clear...or maybe i lost the info in the verbose double manual whistle

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you win as soon as the conditions are met, not at the end of a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, victory is immediate the moment your goal is complete.

So what if you were about to explode horribly, you won!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.