Popular Tags: [View All]
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
I think I know the answer to these two questions, but just wanted to make doubly sure.

Can the Empire player garrison (drop off) say, a single Stormtrooper on say Dagobah or Hoth, in order to block the future repositioning of the Rebel base on those planets?

Also, when you pass, is there no way to go back and play assigned missions?
I say this, as I craftily positioned Obi-Wan on a rescue mission, wanting to play it at the last moment, but my opponent kept Vader on his capture mission until one of his very last plays. I had already (was forced to) passed as the Rebel's, did we play this right? Do I have to return the rescue mission to my hand? We played that you can only oppose missions and send leaders into combat, once you've passed.

This was very frustrating as the Empire player held back the capture/torturing/interrogating missions to the very end of the phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes to the first question.

No, you cannot reveal a mission, activate a system, or voluntarily reveal your base after passing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note the timing that the unrevealed mission comes back into your hand is at the start of the Refresh Phase. This is also when the assigned leader/s will reenter your pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan P.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Arcturus2006 wrote:
Can the Empire player garrison (drop off) say, a single Stormtrooper on say Dagobah or Hoth, in order to block the future repositioning of the Rebel base on those planets?

Not only can they, it's a good idea to. Other benefits is that you can play "oversee project", the locations are open to "intercept transmissions", and it blocks off a sneaky play of "hidden fleet", which can either assault an unsuspecting world on the next turn or be used for the "establish outposts" objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.