Giga-Robo!» Forums » General

Subject: Looks like it's funded! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
45024 at the time of writing. Now to hit those stretch goals!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So great. And still 20 days to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lml _ _ lml

The stretches are all so cool. Very rarely have I looked at stretches for a campaign and liked every one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Hopefully we'll get them all or at least a good chunk of them. I'd really like to see more unique artwork for all the robots. Also the music in the campaign is great. It would be awesome to fund the soundtrack SC and get a similar theme for all the robots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now for the SG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shanahan
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on, plastic buildings level!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hallelujah! Let's unlock those stretch goals!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
Pitty Armored Core came out so soon during this campaign, being kidna theme vise similar, probably more people will go for that than for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised AC RTS is doing that well considering the price point (Which is higher than Giga), no posted rules and no walkthroughs of the gameplay. People must really be in love with that RTS gameplay idea.

I'm not sold on AC RTS. I love mecha and could potentially fund both, but that game looks super chaotic, where Giga allows you to make thoughtful tactical decisions. I never liked AC anyway. I always thought the design of that world was fairly generic. Giga has a Super Robot Wars feel to it which is more to my liking. Also Giga put the whole game out there for people to experience so I know what it is right now. Still scratching my head at AC RTS's gameplay. We'll see. They promised so gameplay videos eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
I'm surprised AC RTS is doing that well considering the price point (Which is higher than Giga), no posted rules and no walkthroughs of the gameplay. People must really be in love with that RTS gameplay idea.

I'm not sold on AC RTS. I love mecha and could potentially fund both, but that game looks super chaotic, where Giga allows you to make thoughtful tactical decisions. I never liked AC anyway. I always thought the design of that world was fairly generic. Giga has a Super Robot Wars feel to it which is more to my liking. Also Giga put the whole game out there for people to experience so I know what it is right now. Still scratching my head at AC RTS's gameplay. We'll see. They promised so gameplay videos eventually.

I think AC RTS' fast funding can be attributed to a few different things:
* Recognizable IP
* Novel mechanic
* Multiple early bird levels (one of which was initially exclusive and limited)

As of writing this, out of 1,180 backers, only 43 backing a non-early bird/limited pledge level.

Basically, I think a lot of people saw the campaign, thought it looked cool, backed it because the early bird levels were limited, and are now waiting on gameplay videos, or reviews, or rules, or anything that might indicate the actual gameplay experience. The comments section reflects this.

But they have the advantage that with the initial rush of funding, they've already hit a lot of stretch goals, so there's a lot of perceived value.

But yeah, based on their campaign video, the choice between this and Giga-Robo is a no-brainer to me. Giga-Robo's theme, style and gameplay all look better to me, by a huge margin.

Looking at the AC RTS visual design...

... I just don't know what's going on. There's red and green squares in front of a cluttered grey mech image, and then there's a grey insignia behind the mech on a field of darker grey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I remember from the AC video games. Lots of washed out greys and browns. It's part of why I found it unappealing. I think the people into that are more into the mecha as practical war machine rather than the more super hero-ish elements of the genre.

In that sense AC RTS is being very faithful to it's source material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
AC even though is 9$ more expensive, has cheaper shipping, so in the end will cost less(for some). And value for $ at this point is better. Robots look better to me, I like more 'realystic&military' style than toy style. Although I do enjoy really a lot gundam style models, but not giga robo style but more something like this: https://www.google.hr/search?q=gundam+models&biw=1768&bih=97...

I like it, but I don't like it 110$ . If it ends good, I will probably pick it when it hits retail with some discount and no shipping costs.

AC also has model customization, you can even magnetize stuff. Better playmat, which is duble sided.
As it is, it's not that big wonder it has more than 4x money in less time. I am still sceptical about how actual gameplay will turn out, but I am hoping it will be good, since if it ends, I will back it.
Giga robo is simply not worth for me at this point. 110$ for 4 models atm. It might get 2 more, and plastic structures, but you can't really be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand the issue of international shipping costs. That is totally a good reason to wait for retail. Giga tries to make up for that with their Giga Teamup pledge level, but then you need to find a couple people to go into it with you, which might not be the easiest thing in the world. The smaller campaigns always struggle with this issue.

Though the rest of that I'm not sure I agree with right now. Giga-Robo is closer to Gundam's style than AC, and I've yet to see just what makes AC fun. That video wasn't selling me. If the game isn't fun it doesn't matter how many bits of plastic comes in the box. Hopefully they'll release more details in the future about it.

That said I was also never a huge AC fan. So it's predictable that I wouldn't be excited about the license. I was always a bigger Super Robot Wars fan and evidently we'll be getting an english release of the new Super Robot Wars V on PS4 so I'm super stoked for that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/06/04/next-main...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
AC gameplay will determine will I pledge or not for it. It looks a bit chaotic, maybe even too much, but I will reserve my judgment untill I see gameplay video and ruley. Same as Dark souls. When masses were flocking for oledges, what I saw was reakly quite subpar, and no matter minis I decided bot to back, game that will probably be quite mediocre dungeon crawler.

I like giga robo gameplay, whole deck building aspect, pilot and robo choices etc. My main point for not backing at this point is 40$ shipping costs that are probably gonna be. And ks rewards at this point are not good enough to validate shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've decided against pledging for AC RTS. While this is Alex and company's first kickstarter, this is not the AC RTS team's first kickstarter and they evidently have a history of unfulfilled products. In fairness it sounds like they are trying to resolve the issue and it seems to stem from some sort of argument about shipping rates that led to their funds getting depleted. They seem to be addressing this very concern under the Amazon Fulfillment section of the AC RTS campaign page with talks of shipping costs being a rough estimate. I figured I should mention it since Giga-Robo! and AC RTS share mostly the same fan base. If you look on AC RTS and Serpent Tongue's BGG forum you'll see all the same info I did on the subject.

What AC RTS is promising is huge, while the Giga-Robo! campaign seems much more realistic in it's goals in my opinion. That makes me feel more confident that the Giga-Robo team will deliver. That and the fact that I know what Giga-Robo is as far as gameplay. I'm still confused what AC's gameplay looks like. Hopefully they'll give more information to their backers. Also AC RTS already super-funded so they don't need my help to execute. I can safely just wait till retail to see how AC RTS shakes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott S
msg tools
Snapped up a sudden Early Bird opening. I really, really like the potential of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem to come up periodically as people jump over to the Giga Premium level. You gotta watch like a hawk to capture one though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Boom!

And I also grabbed an early bird that someone dropped. Did up my pledge to 80$ though, so that gives me 15$ to spend on an add-on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott S
msg tools
First stretch goal down. Here's hoping that helps it look attractive to the people checking up on it at the 2-day mark and the post Gen Con demo crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.