HoldFast: Russia 1941-1942» Forums » General

Subject: Event Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking of trying to create a deck of event cards, 10 or 12 of them. I already have 10 events I've come up with that I think will enhance this great little game.

Does anyone know where to go to get the graphics and the cards printed and produced? I haven't a clue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
ArtsCow has front/back cards of varying sizes that can be printed (fairly) easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bobby Factor wrote:
ArtsCow has front/back cards of varying sizes that can be printed (fairly) easily.

You beat me to the punch, I was going to recommend ArtsCow. They can also set up a link or file or however it works where others can select your cards and print them off as well(if you choose) Rather affordable, and good quality. I got a set of cards for Axis&Allies Global 40 that young grasshopper designed and posted on youtube. They came out great. Does take a little longer to recieve due to customizing and I believe the cards are printed over seas(I could be wrong on that tho)

Otherwise try your local printshops, the professional ones, stay away from the big box stores(they often cant do it or sub contract it out anyway, hence higher cost)

Please post the cards as a file when you have them designed, I'm sure people would be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:
Please post the cards as a file when you have them designed, I'm sure people would be interested.

Oh, most definitely interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys! It may take me a while. I have a very full life right now. But, I really would like to do this and will investigate the leads you have given me. Thanks very much and of course I'll share what I do when I get it done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Danison
United States
Cape Canaveral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would be very interested in this too. Here are some generic ideas I used in a different game (Kriegspiel).

Fortunes of War-Critical Events Table
At the beginning of your turn roll 2d6 and apply effects immediately.

2. Poor Leadership by your enemy: He immediately loses any 1 combat unit of his choice from desertion.
3. Foreign Power Intervention helps you: Retrieve 1 friendly unit of any type from the dead pile and place in one of your reinforcement hexes.
4. The battle is won by the quartermaster before the first shot is fired. Excellent logistics add +1 to the die roll on the Combat Results Table (CRT) for one of your attacks.
5. Enemy communications center destroyed. Communications is the common denominator which affects all possible target systems. Select one attack and add +1 to your die roll on the CRT.
6. Naval Defeat/Weather Problems: no friendly movement, in enemy country, into or across any type of bridge/streambed/river/sea hexes.
7. No effect
8. Fuel Shortages/Partisan Activities: all friendly units, in enemy country, lose 1 Movement Factor (MF) in addition to any weather effects on movement.
9. High Morale: leadership, tactics, and intel, inspire friendly units. Select one attack and add +1 to your die roll on the Combat Results Table (CRT).
10. Surprise attack. The two factors that produce surprise are secrecy and speed. Select one attack and add +1 to your die roll on the Combat Results Table (CRT).
11. Gain New Allies: retrieve 1 friendly unit of any type from the dead pile and place in one of your reinforcement hexes.
12. Plague, Pestilence and Disease: enemy loses any 1 combat unit of his choice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt. I had already put some of the same ideas you have listed here in a word document a few days ago. For example, whether effects and communications issues, partisan harassment, and things of that sort. So we are on the same track.

I have a lot going on right now and probably won't get this done for the next few months but thanks for sharing your ideas and I will let everyone know if and when I put a deck of these cards together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went ahead and emailed Grant Wylie a PDF document with 20 event cards, 10 Russian and 10 German. I'm waiting to see if he would be interested in making an add-on of the cards as a separate release and option for the game, or include it with the second edition of the game.

In the very least, I am hoping that he will put me in touch with his production source so that I can have the cards produced that way instead of trying to do it by myself (and spending too much time doing it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys,

I'm going to upload a file called "event cards text" in the event (no pun intended) that any of you would like to take into hand production of them. I whipped them together in an hour and a half or so and created a PDF. I think they (or something like them) would really enhance this gem of a game.

I don't have time (at least not till the year's end) to burn up hours doing this. I put together 20 cards that I would not care if someone edited or modified and used to produce cards - as long as you would include me in a share of future profit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim,
I made a German version of the 54 "No Retreat"-cards for private use.

Printerstudio (www.printerstudio.com) produced excellent cards.
It needed about three weeks but they look GREAT and are printed on material like poker cards.

All the best for your event cards.

Best,
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Peter!

I would still have to come up with card graphics, pictures (historical), etc. So, it would take up some serious time, but maybe at some point I will.

I will also check out the online service you've recommended. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.