Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/20/branchi...

So there are:

Monk: Scout Archetype -> Healer class
Battlemage: Mage Archetype -> Warrior class
Steelcaster: Warrior Archetype -> Mage class
Watchman: Unknown. Speculation: Healer Archetype? -> Scout class?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little disappointed that they are reciprocal (Mage <-> Warrior, Healer <-> Scout) rather than cyclical (Mage -> Warrior -> Healer -> Scout -> Mage). Aren't a warrior mage and a mage warrior kind of the same thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for this update!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the the world was torn asunder by 2 camps

on one side the mercurial Mage-warriors and other the ethereal Warrior-mages
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:
I'm a little disappointed that they are reciprocal (Mage <-> Warrior, Healer <-> Scout) rather than cyclical (Mage -> Warrior -> Healer -> Scout -> Mage). Aren't a warrior mage and a mage warrior kind of the same thing?

I think their plan is to introduce all 12 hybrid class combinations eventually. Yes, it disappoints me too that they released the first ones this way, but if we're patient, hopefully we'll get the other 8 hybrid combinations in future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:

I think no. Check the preview, every hybrid class has its own unique characteristics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's seeming like the hybrid classes can be treated as the archetype/class they pull a class deck from, rather than the other archetype they apparently pull the hero card from. Is it confirmed these classes use ONLY the one hero type, or can they choose either hero type? For example, a Battlemage would use a mage hero (yellow) only, rather than being able to choose either a yellow or red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:
It's seeming like the hybrid classes can be treated as the archetype/class they pull a class deck from, rather than the other archetype they apparently pull the hero card from. Is it confirmed these classes use ONLY the one hero type, or can they choose either hero type? For example, a Battlemage would use a mage hero (yellow) only, rather than being able to choose either a yellow or red.

Each hybrid class is still associated to a single hero archetype, and gives access to all the 0-2XP cards in a single class deck of the other archetype.

Monk Class = Green/Scout Hero. Monk also chooses 1 Healer/Blue class deck to purchase 0-2XP cards from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bohde8781 wrote:
SeanLuc wrote:

Each hybrid class is still associated to a single hero archetype, and gives access to all the 0-2XP cards in a single class deck of the other archetype.

Monk Class = Green/Scout Hero. Monk also chooses 1 Healer/Blue class deck to purchase 0-2XP cards from.

Right ok, which is why I'm probably going to consider them the archetype they pull the deck from, rather than the one they pull the hero sheet from. The class deck has the defining items, the hybrid skills seem to just be modifiers and alterations to facilitate the hybridization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
Finally something to do with Alys Raine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's too bad that there's no way to protect yourself from blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it's just too bad the monsters (except the marrow priest) just look so dang goofy. Continuing the trend of the pelvis-faced bone horror from Bilehall I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wyatt dumas
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Altasia wrote:
Finally something to do with Alys Raine!

I'm excited about caring to play as Shiver, Jaes, or Dezra now too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.