Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried upgrading the components for this game yet? I'm considering trying to find some better miniatures. Not that the ones in game are bad. But there are more detailed ones on the market. Any suggestions?

Attack wing minis are prob way to big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Anderson
Canada
Edmonton
flag msg tools
I think that for the player ships the Attack Wing/Fleet Captains ships would be fine, I would just avoid the Borg Cubes. That said I don't really think that without a custom paint job they look any better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Anderson
Canada
Edmonton
flag msg tools
I just noticed that it looks like you could pop the bottom off the cubes in the game and put an LED in just like Attack Wing, that would look very cool on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So far, the only "component upgrade" I've done is to add a D6 (with digits, not pips) to keep track of which round is in play, and added a token to put in your play area to remind you when you have to accomplish a Level-Up during your end-of-turn procedure.

(Yes, I totally forgot once, to do my level-up at the end of my turn! It was something innocent... I explored a new tile during my move. The experience point gained from the exploration pushed me into the next level. But by the time my turn had ended, I totally forgot about it)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Star Trek Fans!!

50 years ago...a Star Ship, ENTERPRISE was sent on a Five Year Mission. Now fifty years later, we can experience this phenomenon by playing Star Trek: Frontiers. What a great hobby!!

Now I've elicited professional help from other Gamers to PIMP OUT this game! I contacted LITKO for their help in pimping out this game!

Here is their response:

James Hartman (LITKO Game Accessories) Jul 21, 07:57 CST

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I need to make a set. I'm imagining that 15mm circle would work for this, doesn't look like the tokens are that large to begin with. I'll create some designs in a day or two and get back to you for your feedback.

LITKO Game Accessories, thousands of ways to upgrade your games!

Now, are you PUMPED!! I know I am.

Stay Tuned for updates!!

VonEpp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Please keep us in the loop. I would love to replace the tokens in my set. They were misprinted on one side. So this side everything is off by a couple of mm, the image are almost cut in half in some cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the first image of the data tokens:

I'm having LITKO change "Crew Away" to "Away Team." Anyone know how many of each color for the Away Team should be included??

I asked for 12 each of the other tokens per game set.

Epp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is only one away team token per color.

What about faction tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for the data crystal, I was thinking of using these.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/gps0043.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes...but still small and they may roll around the table.

I'm thinking of flat discs with unique logos for easy identification (see above).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acefury wrote:
There is only one away team token per color.

What about faction tokens?

Thanks Adam. That will minimize number of discs to include in this project.

Now, Fraction Tokens, they are small and easily used as is. I know adding more specialized chips (which is totally doable) could raise any out of pocket costs.

I will use the ones that came with the game for now unless someone can add something better than my brain can work on.

I was thinking of adding "Exhausted" type counter for Crew Member used in the turn. But I ordered Star Trek Character Clicks from Cool Stuff the other day and will debase them and place on a more detailed non-click type base to use to indicate exhausted crew members.

They are pre-painted and look cool. I also ordered a Weequay Thug from CS because he looked like a Klingon. Other minis were ordered that appear to look like Romulans.

I'll send out a pic when they arrive.

Epp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acefury wrote:

FYI. These crystals are flat on the top. They are shaped in the iconic cut diamond shape.

As for the faction tokens, they are the biggest offenders of the miss print I mentioned before. One side is perfect, the other is off by approx 25%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acefury wrote:
acefury wrote:

FYI. These crystals are flat on the top. They are shaped in the iconic cut diamond shape.

As for the faction tokens, they are the biggest offenders of the miss print I mentioned before. One side is perfect, the other is off by approx 25%

Missed that (both points) on misprint an flattened top. These diamonds would certainly work. I'm just looking for maximum pimpage, no offense intended brother.

Each are great ideas.

I will check with LITKO to see. Their smallest custom token is at 3/4" and may be too big for use on the reputation track. I will report back with what we can accomplish here.

Epp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acefury wrote:
Yes! Please keep us in the loop. I would love to replace the tokens in my set. They were misprinted on one side. So this side everything is off by a couple of mm, the image are almost cut in half in some cases.

see my new link while it remains up. surprise

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1609407/pimping-star-tr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.