11 Posts

Deep Space D-6» Forums » Rules

Subject: Athena Mk. II - Commander Station - Away Missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Commander die copies another rolled die can I use it to resolve internal threats like Distracted if I had also rolled one Medical result and one Commander, or must I place literally 2 rolled Medicals on Distracted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Commander essentially turns itself into the die it is copying. So as long as you rolled a Medical, your Commander can activate and become a Medical. You now have 2 Medical and can use them however you wish, including for Away Missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Meyer
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
Yes, the Commander essentially turns itself into the die it is copying. So as long as you rolled a Medical, your Commander can activate and become a Medical. You now have 2 Medical and can use them however you wish, including for Away Missions.

I thought that a Commander could only "command" another die (crewmember) to take on another role, but not convert to a new role itself. So, for example, if I had 2 Commanders, one would switch to a new role, but the one commanding would have fulfilled his role in ordering the other Commander to change, so he would go to the Return area.

Is that not correct? If it's not, my Commanders have been heading to the Lounge too soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You are thinking of the Halcyon ship.

Each ship has unique functions specific to that ship.

willsdaddy21 wrote:
Horror Leader wrote:

I thought that a Commander could only "command" another die (crewmember) to take on another role, but not convert to a new role itself. So, for example, if I had 2 Commanders, one would switch to a new role, but the one commanding would have fulfilled his role in ordering the other Commander to change, so he would go to the Return area.

Is that not correct? If it's not, my Commanders have been heading to the Lounge too soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about if crew members are stuck in the infirmary? Can those be copied by the Commander filling in for that role?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope! The commander copies the face of any other die rolled in the same round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great that you're here. Thanks!

of course, I see that in the rules now, and I'm not sure now why I thought the Commander copied any crew member.

Actually, I think I do. The Robot Uprising sent three guys to the infirmary and two more were out scanning. So when my last hope Commander came up, I was hoping he could do something with all of the trapped dice. Since he couldn't, he succumbed to the Robot Uprising himself right after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Commander copy a Threat Detected! die?

It wouldn't be a useful option most times, but I find myself with two scanned dice, two commanders and a tactical and I've cleared all threats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullwinkle wrote:

It wouldn't be a useful option most times, but I find myself with two scanned dice, two commanders and a tactical and I've cleared all threats.

I hadn't considered that option, but I like the way you think . Thematically it seems off, but mechanically I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Bullwinkle wrote:

I hadn't considered that option, but I like the way you think . Thematically it seems off, but mechanically I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed .

I was thinking of it along the lines of the Threat Detected dice still being crewman who are busy keeping the threat under observation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.