Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Janssen
United States
Lake Zurich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this twice. Both times one of the players would almost always call a bluff on the person who just laid down a card. His strategy was he only had to be right 4 times to win and players couldn't always lay down the matching card, even if they wanted to. If he had a hand full of cards from missing, he didn't care. (He won once handily and came in a very, very close second the other.)

Has anyone else had this problem?

I was thinking of using a "hand threshold" and if you had too many cards (say 12) in your hand, not only do you pick up the card(s) if you are wrong, but you lose a point, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
Nine times in ten it won't work, the main reason being that if you start doing this, the player before you can play the right card when he can, or start to do other things than play a card, such as calling the former player's bluff or make a ceremony.
One has to adapt to the way both the players before and after you are playing. Once the player before you understands how you are playing, he has opportunities to prevent you from going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Janssen
United States
Lake Zurich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
faidutti wrote:
Nine times in ten it won't work, the main reason being that if you start doing this, the player before you can play the right card when he can, or start to do other things than play a card, such as calling the former player's bluff or make a ceremony.
One has to adapt to the way both the players before and after you are playing. Once the player before you understands how you are playing, he has opportunities to prevent you from going on.

Thanks for the insight. Like I said, we'd only played 2 games so far. Glad to hear that likely this won't be a problem in the long term.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Patena
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It could work once or twice, but as people adapt and start playing matching cards whenever they can (and casting spells/calling bluffs whenever thay can't)it'll be hard to get 4 points before others lose all their cards.

We've played 8 times so far, so experience is limited as well

Very nice game, my parents have enjoyed it a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.