Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unit Ablitiy - Gain one crystal - Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a unit ability such as gain one crystal or token be used any time like a special ability?

Say I have a ready illusionist - whose listed third ability is gain 1 white crystal.

During combat with a fortified enemy, I realize that I will have to take some damage from this enemy, but am interested in the physical resistance of the Illusionists...

Can I, use the Illusionist's third ability during right before assigning it damage?

Thanks.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What symbol does the ability has?
It should be a special action, which you can do at any time
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
What symbol does the ability has?
It should be a special action, which you can do at any time


No symbol. Which is why I was wondering.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use that ability as you would an ability with the Special (star) symbol with the caveat being that you cannot use it during the times your unit is not present (i.e. Dungeon, Tomb, attacking a Monastery, etc).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
You can use that ability as you would an ability with the Special (star) symbol with the caveat being that you cannot use it during the times your unit is not present (i.e. Dungeon, Tomb, attacking a Monastery, etc).


Thanks. I assume this goes for all unit abilities except heal
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
Desiderata wrote:
You can use that ability as you would an ability with the Special (star) symbol with the caveat being that you cannot use it during the times your unit is not present (i.e. Dungeon, Tomb, attacking a Monastery, etc).


Thanks. I assume this goes for all unit abilities except heal

Well, I would say only in the absence of a phase symbol, it applies as a "special". If it's got a symbol (shield, crossed swords, hand, or head), then it applies only in that phase or when doing that activity (blocking, attacking, healing, or spending influence, respectively).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After going through the unit decks...

I guess the only symbols here that apply to my question are the gain mana tokens or crystals. (The hand with the mana)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your assumption is correct, the gain crystal/token unit ability can be used at any time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.