$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Rallyman» Forums » General

Subject: Just got 3rd edition, components question: number of damage markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
A courier just arrived at my door with Rallyman 3rd edition

Components seem great, and the insert is actually good!, eager to try the game, I've been reading the PDF Rulebook this morning.

I've just one question regarding the amount of brown & black plastic disks (the ones you place on the dashboard card to hide available dice), I got 6 brown dirt markers, which makes sense since there are only 6 shortcut K cards that throw dirt on the track, and 16 black damage markers. Does that sound right?

This led me to a question regarding how many damage markers can be on a car at the same time. Given the game comes with 16 for 4 players, I guess it assumes no one will have more than four in a car in any given moment.

Or did I miss any rule that states the maximum amount of damage markers on a car? (When I say on a car I mean on the dashboard card, of course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just got 3rd edition, components question
I would guess that if you're rolling zero out of five gear dice your car is completely disabled, so a maximum of four blocked dice makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, but those black discs are also used to cover the two acceleration dice spaces. So maybe you could still have three available gears. I guess I need to give the game a go, maybe it's a stupid question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Rathgeb
Germany
Erbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it 23 times now (provided that I do my stats correctly), some games with up to 7 players, but we never ran out of black disks. You're driving a bit more cautios after losing the first die, or you do - depending on the course - some small time attacks to choose your die 'roll' and evade further loss of dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 16 black disks .. not enough if 4 players use 5 of them ... but this siyuation never occurs, for normal drivers I say !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.