Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An attempt at the Any Port in a Storm story card, with the Awful Crowded in My Sky set-up and Zoe as the leader.

FYI, I play this using the base game plus Firefly: The Game – Blue Sun, Firefly: The Game – Breakin' Atmo, Firefly: The Game – Jetwash and Firefly: The Game – Big Damn Heroes Promo Cards. I also use Jude's Solo Variant.

This time I started with my haven in Valentine. The goal of the story is to return to your haven with $12,000 in a limit of 20 turns. The Alliance is very active in this story, and you start with a warrant at the beginning of the game.

After picking up a couple of hill people in Silverhold, we were attacked by Reavers, but we managed to escape with some fancy maneuvering.

We picked up some more crew, equipment and a couple of jobs at the Space Bazaar. The first job involved taking some cargo from Motherlode to Albion. Our first success.

On our way to pick up more cargo for the next job we were stopped by the Alliance and fined $1,000 for our outstanding warrant.

Our travels to pick up the cargo and drop it off in Shadow were uneventful.

We headed over to Meridian to restock, but were attacked by more Reavers.

Only Tracy's body armour saved him from certain death.

We stopped to deal with Lord Harrow, where we picked up a job to transport cargo from the Uroboros Belt to Persephone.

While at Persephone we picked up a lucrative but risky illegal job to drive off some of Badger's competition. We won a fight that broke out in the bar where we were seeking their location, then hacked our way through a security checkpoint with our hacking rig. We were intercepted by an Alliance patrol but barely managed to sweet talk our way past them. Success! Sweet, sweet profits were starting to add up.

Hanging around Persephone a little longer, we picked up some contraband that needed to be delivered to Georgia. On the flight there we were intercepted by Reavers.

Then more Reavers showed up.

Then even more Reavers showed up.

With Georgia infested with Reavers, we couldn't safely deliver the contraband. We decided to head to Niska's on Ezra for some shelter and to pick up a job or two to carry us over until Georgia was clear.

Niska had a friend, a fugitive, on Valentine that needed transport to Triumph so we headed out to pick him up. Traveling through Alliance space with all that contraband from Badger on board turned out to be a bad idea.

After the Alliance had taken our contraband (and most of our money) we were left with the hope that we could find some more before it was time to return to Georgia or Badger would be furious. We managed to pick up Niska's friend from Valentine, and grabbed some free fuel since it was our Haven too. We reached Triumph with the Alliance cruiser following close behind only to find more Reavers.

We used our Ram Jet to bust through the Reaver blockade and lured them out into space. Some deft maneuvering and we lost them and were able to return to Triumph and safely drop off Niska's friend. This was good news for both the profits and keeping Niska happy. He has a habit of killing off the crew of ships he isn't happy with.

Niska had also told us about another poor fellow who could be "picked up" in Persephone and brought back to Ezra for some "negotiations". On our way there we managed to salvage enough contraband to fulfill Badger's contract in Georgia too. We were running out of time but if we hurried perhaps we could make it. We picked up Niska's unfortunate victim and made it back to Ezra in time to drop him off. Unfortunately that left us with no time to visit Georgia and return to our haven.

We ended the game far from our Haven in Valentine, with $8,200 of the $12,000 we needed to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike L
United States
Tiverton
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome report. I'm getting ready to play my first solo game now. In the event I like this one a lot, can you comment on which expansions you own make solo play any better?

Always a fan of your input, Rev!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikester9809 wrote:
Awesome report. I'm getting ready to play my first solo game now. In the event I like this one a lot, can you comment on which expansions you own make solo play any better?

Always a fan of your input, Rev!

Hands down the best expansion I have for solo play is Blue Sun. The addition of 2 more Reaver ships and more Nav cards that move them makes for a much more challenging game. Using the Crowded in My Sky set up means the Reavers are much more likely to get in your way during the game.

As always, I highly recommend using Jude's solo rules to adjust the ones out of the box.

Pirates and Bounty Hunters has a bunch of stuff that isn't applicable to the solo game, but I am currently creating rules/cards for NPC ships that will be both targets for piracy and will occasionally pirate you! Plus one of the ships will act to keep Bounties available too. Will take me a week or so to get the draft rules up for playtesting, but keep your eyes peeled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike L
United States
Tiverton
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. I printed Jude's solo rules but didn't use them yet. I played the official solo game to learn how to play. Pretty good game! I plan on using Jude's from now on and will look for a good deal on Blue Sun going forward! Thanks again for the suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.