Subject: Karuba vs Limes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Melody Klein
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've played both, which did you prefer and why?

On the one hand we've got Karuba with its tough decisions on when to build your path vs when to discard potential parts of your path to actually walk the path.

On the other hand we've got Limes with its tough decisions on how to plan and score your land from the myriad possible ways, but then again, I must admit I was turned off to learn you could move your meeples quite a bit throughout the game, easily allowing you to fix mistakes, which makes it sound too easy, and sadly more tactical than strategic.

Oh, and I suppose we could add Take it Easy! / Take it to the Limit! to the comparison, given the similar mechanics.

What do you think? Which is better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No one replied to this? !!! Time to resurrect the post!

I love limes and need to know if Karuba is worth owning to play with my wife and little daughter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:

I love limes and need to know if Karuba is worth owning to play with my wife and little daughter.

Even though both involve similar tile placement mechanics, they feel very different. I am a big fan of both. Karuba is the better 'family game' of the two, and it works with both my wife (a non-gamer), and my 6 year old son. Limes is one of my favourite solo games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
I think Cities (the original version of Limes) is deeper and more difficult. To me, that's a positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you find Cities deeper and more difficult?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poserdisposer wrote:
valzi wrote:

Even though both involve similar tile placement mechanics, they feel very different. I am a big fan of both. Karuba is the better 'family game' of the two, and it works with both my wife (a non-gamer), and my 6 year old son. Limes is one of my favourite solo games.

I guess Karuba is on my list then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:
Why do you find Cities deeper and more difficult?

Cities has three sets of rules including advanced rules that make scoring more complicated than Limes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are those rules useable in Limes? Why does Martyn think Limes is better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.