Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gillmeister
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a general question. I have all the cards available currently and am really getting into the game with my wife and brother. Everyone enjoys it and we will maybe want to try a tournament some point.

But, the one problem is I often see May the Force be with you in almost all LS decks. Currently we share cards which is fine as the DS as there doesnt seem to be one many auto include (maybe Tarkin for Navy decks). But, at a tournament we would need 3 DS and 3 LS decks from one collection so I am considering getting "Star Wars LCG: Join Us or Die Force Pack" just for the additional 2 MtFbwy pod. Is this rational or do you think there are enough cards to make 3 competitive LS decks?

Disclaimer: I know sharing cards will reduce the chance of having the most competitive decks but MtFbwy just seems so needed.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vehicle decks don't really need MTFBWY, and I think you could also do a rebel character deck without it. The options are there, even if there aren't very many of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really share decks with other people often, but I do like to keep multiple decks built at the same time. I generally do NOT like buy more than 1x playset of anything, for this game or others. Very VERY few times I will make an exception.

May The Force Be With You I made an exception.

That's the one pod in this game that you can literally plug into any deck and it gets better. I would even disagree with Kārlis a bit and say even in a vehicle deck it makes the deck better. Your vehicle deck can now easily take the Force, hold the Force with Yoda, and defend much better than normal vehicle decks. Same for Rebel character decks. You can build those decks without MTFBWY, but when you insert MTFBWY into those decks they become so much better.

So, I'd say it's worth buying that pack an extra time or two for the extra copies. There's not a ton of pods worth it, but this is one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gillmeister
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses.

I think I agree with you Matthew, I don't think I have every purchased dual core packs (3 cores for conquest) but this pod just seems to good. It's also not going to get cycled out for a few years so that extra $12 will go far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2x playsets of it, a friend of mine has 3x playsets of it. And they get used OFTEN.

We have a running joke where we'll even build fun decks with lesser used pods, and the deck will do *okay*. And then we'll joke "Well, add in MTFBWY!", we do, and the decks start winning.

Just a crazy good pod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it's arguably still the best pod in the game (I think the Tarkin Doctrine gives it a run for its money).

And yes, it makes everything better, including vehicle decks. I piloted a Capital Ship MTFBWY deck to 3rd place at my Regional.

But no, I personally see no need to buy another 2 copies. Then again, I'm not sharing my cards with other people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gillmeister
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the input guys! I purchased an extra copy. One extra force pack wasn't to bad and I think the benefits are worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.