6 Posts

Deception: Murder in Hong Kong» Forums » General

Subject: UK STOCK! (US version) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just got my copy from:

https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/board-games-c800/all-board-game...

Been waiting for this for six months - enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
inkey jones
msg tools
Yeah

I was waiting until my copy came [later today]

I emailed them [CC] as it wasn't meant to be out yet

I had already decided NOT to buy the UK version - as it has English/German text

Where as the USA version has the thematic English/Chinese

I emailed and asked if it was the USA version, I explained the difference

They emailed back to say:

"I have checked and and the images on the back show Chinese characters, so I think we have the first printing which is the US one.

Kind regards"

As the UK version was said to not be sent yet... I took a small gamble, and ordered it

I was going to post as soon as I got it [later today] to let people [who want the US version] that they could get it from Chaos Cards

It does mean - to keep the same style - people will probably want USA expansions

I wasn't sure if CC are breaking any rules by selling a different publishers [region] in UK

But they haven't lost a sale from me, as I was never going to get the Eng/German text version anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If you go to this page you'll be able to see the different versions:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/156129/deception-murder-...

It looks like the 2015 printing to me. I wanted English and Chinese characters because it fits in with the theme of the game. English and German isn't quite the same. If the game were "Deception: Murder in Berlin" on the other hand.....maybe not

I think the Chinese symbols look a lot cooler with the English text also (personally).

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
inkey jones
msg tools
I believe it's the 2016 printing

As USA just got a load more in [some weeks ago] - but has since sold out [again]

I believe Chaos Cards got a shipment of them in

And yes, as I said in the Jolly Thinkers thread - English German is ugly, English / Chinese is thematic

I thought that when different companies had different areas - then shops were not allowed to sell US region copies in the UK

Which is why when you try to buy certain games on Amazon.com and they are not allowed to ship to UK, is because the UK has their own/different distrubutor

Anyway - I was so happy to find these ones on sale - saved all that ugly DUTY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've not heard of that to be honest? I know if you import from the States you're liable for charges but I think stores are able to do this without a problem? Might be different if certain game-makers/supplier have exclusive deals in place? Not sure to be honest. The next game on my list is Two Rooms and a Boom. I was thinking to get it from the official site and pay customs charges but I think I'll wait for UK stores to get stock (hopefully they will).

Just checked my copy by the way and it's the 2015 version so it might be like you say a 2016 re-print of it. It's definitely not the first version (i.e. CS Files).

I'm very happy with it. First wanted to buy it last Christmas and was left frustrated trying to track it down online! Wonder how long it'll last at Chaos Cards ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
inkey jones
msg tools
Interestingly on these forums - seems like the US restock left a lot of people frustrated, as they didn't print anywhere near enough and it sold out before many could get their hands on a copy... so it's extra lucky that Chaos Cards bought some up... hmm maybe that's where all the USA copies went, Chaos Cards bought a few million copies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.