$30.00
Dominique Doguet
France
SAINT SYLVAIN
SEINE MARITIME
flag msg tools
Unaware... Really ?
badge
In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night !
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to you all.

I'm planning to go to the Spiel'16 at Essen in October with my gaming group, but some of our members are handicapped. They ask for a "valid certificate" before entering, but what is accepted as a French valid certificate ? There is no European certificate for handicapped people. One will travel in a wheelchair but doesn't own a special authorisation in parking lots, and another has a reduced mobility (his handicap is invisible though it is rated at 80%) and has no authorisation whatsoever - but both have what we call "invalidity cards".

What would you do in my place ? Would you pay for "discount" tickets for my two handicapped friends or would you prefer to lay low in case the certificates are not what were expected ?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very sure that your friend in the wheelchair won't have a problem and I also think that French invalidity cards will be enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Doguet
France
SAINT SYLVAIN
SEINE MARITIME
flag msg tools
Unaware... Really ?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your message, Christian !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mathes
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To be on the safe side, you may contact the Merz Verlag via their website (only in German and English - they should have it in Dutch and French as well, concerning the high numbers of visitors from Benelux and France shake).

In general they should accept a handicapped certificate from anywhere . . . as long as they can figure out that it is valid.

Ciao

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Doguet
France
SAINT SYLVAIN
SEINE MARITIME
flag msg tools
Unaware... Really ?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your message Martin !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Doguet
France
SAINT SYLVAIN
SEINE MARITIME
flag msg tools
Unaware... Really ?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Website contacted and quick answer provided : the French invalidity card is considered as a valid certificate for buying a ticket at a reduced price !

May that be helpful to my fellow French gamers.
And many thanks again to Christian and Martin for their help !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.