Clarence Bugman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I found this past weekend that the card weight of the game is very important. In the base box the Necromancer cards are 11% of the deck and the Abomination are 7%.

Soo what we did was just add EVERYTHING from the Kickstarter campaign because hey, what better way to feel out all these new goodies than play with them? Well, the new card weight was 22% for both Necromancer and Abomination. Also there were now 5 necromancers that could spawn at anytime (Medea, Grin, Evil Troy, and two standards) which created an intense flood of death with all their portals. Of course, the Abominations spawned freely (Troll, Minotaur, Alpha, Rat, Blob, two standards, and two wolfboms).

After the hilariously fun yet defeating experience I feel that a 10% card weight is ideal for a manageable and "average" game. I'm thinking that Necromancer and Abomination cards should be paired down to meet this depending on what you want to have included in the game, or alternatively once a Necromancer/Abomination is killed it should not spawn a second time and their cards should be ignored.

What has everyone else done to successfully add these monsters into the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently use all the NPC, Wolvz, Deadeyes and Crowz, the 6 original Necromancers and 3 cards of two "special" necromancers and one extra Abom (Last game it was the Ratbomination). I typically change up the special necros and abom every few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Gagnon
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Necro cards= I keep it to 6 cards.. but I take all the one's I(4 types) have and shuffle them up and draw 6 random then I shuffle them into the monster deck... we don't know who is showing up but we know they are coming...

The Abom cards are all added in and the first special one is the one for the game until he's dead(only his spawn cards give him an extra activation though) then the next one appears he's the one until killed and so on....the original abomb is always there so we have the potential of 2 at a time.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
I've kept all standard necromancers and aboms, added 1 of each special necro, 2 of each special abom, all wolves, all deadeyes, 1 set of NPCs, and all crows. Game played well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Gentofte
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grg3d wrote:
Necro cards= I keep it to 6 cards.. but I take all the one's I(4 types) have and shuffle them up and draw 6 random then I shuffle them into the monster deck... we don't know who is showing up but we know they are coming...

I like this approach

So you take all 5 (or is it 6) cards for each necromancer (incl. the vanilla necromancer?) and shuffle them in a deck of say 20 cards and then randomly take 6 of them - ie you will most likely get multiples of the same one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
hoodwink99 wrote:
I've kept all standard necromancers and aboms, added 1 of each special necro, 2 of each special abom, all wolves, all deadeyes, 1 set of NPCs, and all crows. Game played well.
Strange, we added 1 of each special abomination (5 total), 2 each of 3 special necros, and REMOVED 3 regular necros... The game played a bit heavy. Though that was without NPC2, crows, or deadeye (introducing things a bit at a time, so just NpC1, wolves and core).

Were you using xuxa? A survivor with +1 damage at blue? We banned Xuxa after the first game because... Stupid. I am thinking about house ruling her +1 damage melee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
Please don't point that mouse at my face - it looks sharp ;-)
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually take
all NPC#1 cards,
all Wulfz,
6 Necromancers (2 Standard and the 4 my Knight pledge got me (@OP i think you forgot Ostokar from one of the special guests),
and Each Special Abomination once.

I don't own Deadeyez or Crowz. This works nice for me, i really dislike having more than one of the Special abombs cards, because i don't want them to get an Extra activation.

We usually take at least one character who can get +1 strenght: X in orange. You have to get fast through yellow if you want to kill them, without only depending on your card luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.