Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if the map board was color coded on hex river sides with the faction colors that can enter from that river side?

Does the board become too ugly, or would that make that it easier to keep track of who can go where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you just use the reference cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Leeson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I will say, I only got my copy yesterday and basically only had time to inventory and make sure everything was there, but I believe I remember noticing that the reference cards were kind of small and hard to read. I wasn't sure why it was necessary for a map of the board to take up 2/3 of the space, making the terrain icons on the right side teeny tiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Brett: The map on the 70x110mm reference card shows which enemy factions can enter each home area.

Inno: Indeed, adding that type of graphic to the board would have distracted from the art with only a small amount of functionality. Plus, in the future there may be expansion factions that do different things, and we don't want to reprint a new board every time there's a new faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a map card where each faction can EXIT their home area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

But that's on the reference card too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
lfisher wrote:

But that's on the reference card too.

You mean the chart on the right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried something out... This is all of Polania's possible riverwalks. It sure is an ugly image... (And there are probably mistakes)

I thought something like this might help, but it doesn't seem very intuitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob: Thanks for making this, though Crimea can't move out of its home area onto Villages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was ONLY showing ALL of Polania's river crossings.

You'd need one for each faction.

Edited to add - I did all the crossings for one faction based on my game last night, where I WAS Polania. I had moved down into the mountains in the Crimean home territories (not a player in the game), and that's when it finally sunk in with me that these riverwalks are frequently one-way streets. I couldn't go back the way I came in.

Had to adjust my strategy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was more thinking along the attached quick draft image. Please forgive me Jamey for all errors (and only using the base factions), more questioning if this would help players understand riverwalk movement or if it just makes the map too complex and busy to understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think I'd like this idea when presented, but that mock up has changed my mind.

I'm pretty sure this is a rule that we missed more than once in our playthrough. Having those hexes coded would have helped a great deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's be forward about this; riverwalk doesn't even matter that much. I'm approaching twenty games and I don't know that I've ever been "invaded" via riverwalk. All the other ways of getting around the map, yes. Tunnels and "second" mech movement powers plus speed...those are the ones to watch out for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing ebay has 2mm and 4mm Pinstripe Decals Vinyl Tape in all the existing Scythe faction colors. Once Invaders from Afar is known, I might pimp out the small board side of the map with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.