Subject: Question on movement and battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Joseph
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kemet players! I played a round recently and an odd situation arose, so I want to check to see if it was played correctly.

Player A moved a troop with a total of 3 movement 1 space into an area occupied by a 1 member troop belonging to Player B. Player B played an Escape DI card to retreat one space backwards into his own city. Player A made the argument that since no battle occurred (per the Escape DI card ruling that it occurs before battle, preventing the battle taking place) and could still move. Player A then played a "Avoid City Walls" DI card and moved his troop into the occupied city belonging to Player B. Player B then played a veto DI card, cancelling Player A's wall card and preventing him from entering the city. Player A then proceeded to claim that he still had 2 movement left since no battle had taken place, and moved two spaces to a temple and their first battle.

My question (after that lengthy play by play) is: was Player A correct in claiming he still had movement left after their two foiled attempts at battle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote "A".

Yes, from my interpretation of the rules, Player A is correct.

The first part in particular I know is correct, it's on pg 6 of the rulebook, right next to the "Attack" section

Rulebook wrote:
⌂ Clarification: If, before a battle, the defender uses the DI card Escape, the battle is canceled and the player can continue his movement.

Continuing the line of thought, since no battle has occurred, Player A can play their DI card--during the Day phase, not during battle--and proceed to the player pyramid through the opposing player wall. BUT, if interrupted by a Veto card, then it never happened, and that player could continue their movement, since they have movement capacity remaining.

All in all, a good play by Player A.

~Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Joseph
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, being Player A, was inclined to believe it was played correctly. Thanks for the confirmation Steve!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.