$30.00
$20.00
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/07/16/hillary-clintons-ca...

Also some especially good handwringing from the obsoletest of the media - the newsmagazine

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-07-18/could-pokemon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
It's now official: Western Civilization has collapsed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty clever. Reminds me of those enterprising Girl Scouts who would set up their cookie stands outside of weed shops after it got legalized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you guys hated the idea of using Pokemon GO for proselytizing. Now you're for it?

Can't figure RSP out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I thought you guys hated the idea of using Pokemon GO for proselytizing. Now you're for it?

Can't figure RSP out.

As long as either party (Clinton or Church X) fucks off when asked to, I don't have a problem with any of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Can't figure RSP out.

I think it's great that you think registering potential voters is proselytizing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I read something that said this might be illegal.

It seems like placing a lure might legitimately be illegal, as an illegal form of advertisement, if it is placed by campaign staff.

But I don't know all the surrounding laws for it.

Why is using Pokémon to advertise bad, anyway? Who cares if you put a lure on a church during services? Can't churches advertise with signs anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
I read something that said this might be illegal.

It seems like placing a lure might legitimately be illegal, as an illegal form of advertisement, if it is placed by campaign staff.

But I don't know all the surrounding laws for it.

Why is using Pokémon to advertise bad, anyway? Who cares if you put a lure on a church during services? Can't churches advertise with signs anyway?

People just hate churches (or politicians) doin' stuff I think. The 'using the app as advertisement' is one of the most fascinating things going on with this game, imo.

Also, the US news article I linked talks some about the legality concerns. Seems a pretty weak case for it being illegal tho'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Can't figure RSP out.

It might have something to do with the fact that RSP isn't a single hive mind like is so roundly thrown about. That there are a number of people, all with different opinions and values, creating a vast array of nuance to the forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Can't figure RSP out.

Uh.

Windsagio didn't post in the "Gotta Proselytize them all" topic. Remorseless called out the OP in that topic for being oversensitive. Eaglebeak posted a position neutral joke.

I mean, if they complained about the Pokemon GO and church thing elsewhere, you got me. But as is?

I think the source of your problem in understanding RSP might be that you are making shit up about what people said, rather than actually reading what they said.

(Also, I'll go on the record as being fairly neutral to both.)

EDIT: Actually, reading the topic again, while there is definitely some generalized hostility towards religion... it really looks the OP is actually the only one who really expressed any objection to the use of the game. So yeah, your entire post seems pretty baseless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Can't figure RSP out.

Uh.

Windsagio didn't post in the "Gotta Proselytize them all" topic. Remorseless called out the OP in that topic for being oversensitive. Eaglebeak posted a position neutral joke.

I mean, if they complained about the Pokemon GO and church thing elsewhere, you got me. But as is?

I think the source of your problem in understanding RSP might be that you are making shit up about what people said, rather than actually reading what they said.

(Also, I'll go on the record as being fairly neutral to both.)

EDIT: Actually, reading the topic again, while there is definitely some generalized hostility towards religion... it really looks the OP is actually the only one who really expressed any objection to the use of the game.

Or I'm making a meta-joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Can't figure RSP out.

The electoral roll never fucked an altar boy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

I suppose it is possible that that was what you intended. But if that is the case, you -really- need to offset it better as there is pretty much no indication that it is intended as such.

EDIT: Regardless, my apologies if it was such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

I suppose it is possible that that was what you intended. But if that is the case, you -really- need to offset it better as there is pretty much no indication that it is intended as such.

Referring to Clinton registration drives as "proselytizing" wasn't enough of a trigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
I'm conflicted between calling out drew's obvious excuse-making or trying to stop his thorough derailment of hte thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Referring to Clinton registration drives as "proselytizing" wasn't enough of a trigger?

I get exposed to a -lot- of the "Church of the Left" style-rhetoric, so it just sort of washes over me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilson
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Anomaly, or inevitable unlikelihood?
badge
Snoopy : )
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this isn't following the RSP tradition of devolving into a heaping pile of shit, but can't we agree this is a pretty clever idea? Who cares who is running this whole deal, registering MORE VOTERS is a fantastic thing in the USA, that is until we all are auto-registered when we turn 18. A girl can dream...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Can't figure RSP out.
Not sure any one said it was a thing they hated, just unlikely to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.