Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i finally finished reading through the rule book today and started glancing through the campaign book. Some initial comments...

- i really appreciate the rulebook section describing how to streamline/simplify play (e.g. by not using Events). The whole time i was reading the rules, i was trying to devise ways to simplify play for tutorial/learning purposes (my idea was to leave out formations, "encircling" and related bits), and then came across this very useful chapter which provides various solutions.

- it's obvious that someone put tons of work/research into the campaign book. At 110 pages, it's far larger than the core rulebook. There's easily a couple years' worth of play value in that book.

It's likely to be another 2 weekends before i actually get to play Onus, but i love what i'm seeing. i've got a few rules questions, but i'll wait until trying them on the table before posting them (maybe they'll be obvious once the cards are on the table).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree! I was stunned with what all came with the game system and the production value on everything was top notch. The scenario book is simply incredible. I was just floored with how much work just went into the book alone!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good book indeed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are retail copies available in the UK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Echtalion wrote:
Are retail copies available in the UK?

i think (but not sure) that the campaign book is KS-only (which would be a shame if that's the case, because it's epic in scale).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think (not 100%) that it is available as a free download from the Draco Ideas website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant the English version of the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Czechfan wrote:
I think (not 100%) that it is available as a free download from the Draco Ideas website.

i unfortunately can't find it there . This page has several files related to the campaign book, but apparently not the book itself:

http://onusgame.com/juego/en/onus-campaigns-book/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.