Subject: Manager Income rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Fisher
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During Phase 3: Manager Income, page 6 of the rule book states..."each manager collects revenues from the sale of shares to the investors who have risked funds in the companies of their portfolio.."

I'm not clear if this means investors must pay this fee each round or only when they initially purchase shares. The rules don't appear to state clearly, but I'm inferring it is every round.

The thing I am hung up on is the concept of buying "shares". That traditionally means you make a SINGLE initial investment and reap the profit (or loss) based on the company's performance. Also, the rules say "from the sale" this too seems to support the pay once theory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kfisher109 wrote:
During Phase 3: Manager Income, page 6 of the rule book states..."each manager collects revenues from the sale of shares to the investors who have risked funds in the companies of their portfolio.."

I'm not clear if this means investors must pay this fee each round or only when they initially purchase shares. The rules don't appear to state clearly, but I'm inferring it is every round.

The thing I am hung up on is the concept of buying "shares". That traditionally means you make a SINGLE initial investment and reap the profit (or loss) based on the company's performance. Also, the rules say "from the sale" this too seems to support the pay once theory.

Really they're renting shares. The investor buys the shares, the managers rent the shares from the investors, so it's an every-round payment, although we tend to just take all the tokens off and erase the amount every round as they're paid off anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.