Hide
7 Posts

WWE Superstar Showdown» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 questions i cant find in the book ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastiaan Kuijs
msg tools
1 : When you give up your card do you need to give them face up ?

2 : If you have a tie and you win do you play the original card or the one thats on top of it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think we ever got an official answer for the first one, there was a thread about it before. I play face up just so we can react to what is lost.

The card "on top" (or rather the card that won) is the card which is resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Roderick
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skuijs wrote:
1 : When you give up your card do you need to give them face up ?

2 : If you have a tie and you win do you play the original card or the one thats on top of it ?

Just off the top of my head:

1. We always do

2. The one on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Give up face up, not sure if that really makes a difference, since most of the cards you give up are from your hand, they are already known, and for giving up on the top of the deck I assume you can do it either way but it wouldn't hurt to do it face up since once the opponent gets it there is no rule saying that they can't look at the card.

2. The cards that tied go to the discard and only the card that one is activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M. Cabal Inés
Spain
Oviedo
Principado de Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We give up them face down... It changes greatly the strategy in the game. I quite sure that when you give up from the deck must be face down then you don't know if you are losing a slam (and more important, your opponent neither know it).

When we give up it from hand, except blocks we do it face down too to avoid the "counting cards" advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
Earlysville
Virginia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the cards you give up are face up for everyone to see. There are many circumstances in which you give up cards that are face up, so there is no point in trying to keep some hidden while others are known. When coupled with a Superstar's Stat Card, you can gauge how many of each move your opponent has based on what you've seen surrendered.

Yes, you play the card on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there any chance we will see new material for this amazing game? It is so much fun and with such a great potencial to introduce new elements to the wrestle. I hope that some design ideas are still being considered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.