$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am looking into the option of doing a wave 1.5 pickup at Gencon 2016. However, looking at some unboxing videos from earlier in the year, I worry the 1.5 items will lack their equivalents in retail form. Can anyone who received 1.5 comment on some questions?

1) Can Colonel Scafford still be added to 1.5 to make it the same as retail? (See bottom if update 56)? Or do I just have to buy the gang box over again to get the equivalent of a retail purchase?

2) **Are the "Scourge Rats" (12 one headed rats with nest) indeed a different product than the retail released "Hell Vermin" (3 two headed rats with cards)?

3) The "deluxe enemy" retail releases of stretch goals have a lot of extra cards (40 for master of the void, 45 for Serpentmen of Jargono, 38 for the Scafford gang). Are these part of stretch goals in 1.5, the "add ons" not for "Outlaw" pledge such as Targa/Jargono/Cynder artifact game supplement, or exclusive to retail packaging? What about the mission books listed on retail boxes?

Basically, question 3 is the root of my worry. There were a lot of add-on options and stretch goals that are close, but not quite matches to retail box descriptions. Also unboxing videos show baggies of model sprues and cards rather than retail packaging.

What am I (maybe) missing out on as a basic Outlaw pledge in comparison to retail versions of expansions? Do I need to rebuy entire boxes?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody may be able to answer a little more fully but -

1 - You will probably need to contact Flying Frog to check if you can add Colonel SCafford. I am sure you will be able to though.

2 - The scourge rats and hell vermin are two completely different products. The scourge rats are part of the kickstarter but the hell vermin are not.

3 - You will get all the contents of those deluxe enemy packs with the kickstarter, including all the cards, tokens, rules and missions.

Except for the Caverns of Cynder, Frontier Town and Doorways into Darkness all items will not be in retail packaging and all the rules/missions from the various packs are bound into one booklet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand what any of this has to do with Wave 1.5. Your concerns about receiving part of a retail package seem related to your pledge level only. Picking up some things early (i.e., wave 1.5) won't change what you are getting eventually. That's an entirely separate issue.

To your specific questions:

1. I think so but I'm not sure because I am a Minecart backer so he was included.

2. Yes, Scourge Rats and Hell Vermin are distinct from each other.

3. I believe the spells and tribe cards and so forth are included if you get that enemy. The add-on card packs for Artifacts and such are sold separately (currently through their web store) and are never part of another retail set.

Many of the sets definitely come in baggies rather than the retail boxes, though the larger sets (Cynder, Frontier Town) come in full retail packaging. Personally, I don't think you want all those little boxes anyway as they are sized to hold sprues and are unsuitable for storing assembled figures.

As to your overall concern, I don't think there's a foolproof way to avoid confusion. There are a few add-ons that were combined for retail (e.g., Colonel Scafford). FFP gives you the option to get them separately but that may not last forever. I certainly wouldn't expect a retail Colonel Scafford to appear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm an outlaw backer and added the colonel.
I feel it was worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
I guess I was not wording things right.

What I was trying to get at was that the Kickstarter version of say Masters of the Void isn't Masters of the Void deluxe box, it is 6 models, their threat cards, enemy oversize cards, specific missions(?), and 40-(?) cards. As an Outlaw backer (not Mine Cart and no add-ons), what do I need to be aware of to get the equivalent contents of "Deluxe Enemy pack Masters of the Void" retail contents? What do I need to ask for?

For the Deluxe Enemy Scafford Gang box, I know I need to ask about Col. Scafford, but what else?

It's confusing and I am just trying to match up the forecasted ideas of a several year old Kickstarter, what is delivered (in this case wave 1.5), and the final on the shelf retail contents. I don't think waiting for wave 2 will diliver the gaps on Masters of the Void or Stafford Gang. I just need to know what Flying Frog Productins only items I need to get.

In a YouTube video for Seattle pickup day I saw a good 12 to 20 card blister packs that you don't see available retail. Also some booklets and miniature blisters. The video was too low quality to make it out. Yet there are also cards in baggies in unboxing videos. Piecing through stretch goals it's still unclear. But I definitely sense SOMETHING is needed to catch wave 1.5 Outlaw up to retail.

So I am asking. Sorry I was not clear. I hope this is better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ONLY thing you will need to add to 1.5 is Colonel Scafford to match the retail versions. Most of the kickstarter items are packed differently than the retail versions but the contents are exactly the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
Does that include Targa, Jargono, and Cynder artifact sets? I see it is marked as an "add-on" at the bottom of update 56 "1.5 update", but don't see them listed on retail sites nor specifically in the KS campaign page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The artifact sets are currently available retail, but only via the Flying Frog webstore. Pretty sure if you didn't purchase them as an add-on during the kickstarter then they will not be included in your 1.5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boiko Boichev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
You can buy the Colonel and the card supplements and add it to your order

See herehttp://flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com/ks-backer-spe...

Mail the support for details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(BGG ate my reply last night when the site went down. Let's try again...)

As Regressor notes, Col. Scafford can be ordered via the FFP web store. No need to contact them separately.

Col. Scafford is the only missing item. Otherwise, what you get is what's available at retail. For example, the Masters of the Void that you receive will have the same contents as the retail version of Masters of the Void. The only difference is that the KS version doesn't come with fancy packaging (a box).

Hell Vermin and Swamp Slugs (both available via the FFP web store and other places) are both post-KS releases. As in none of us (Outlaw pledge or Mine Cart pledge) get them automatically. If you want them, you'll have to purchase them separately.

The Targa, Jargono, and Cynder artifact sets were add-ons for the KS campaign (not included in either pledge level). You can buy them through FFP's web store. Looking back, you're right, I don't see them as add-ons on the KS page. However, they were in the pledge manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thank you all for the replies. This really helps clears things up. I will look into Col. Scafford for sure and see how they want to do that in the Gencon pick up/ store ordering.

As to the Artifact sets, are they just pure extra loot cards available via the store and not part of any retail release? Are they actually web exclusive artifacts rather than a KS to retail gap closer then?

Are they worth it? (Since I will be in the web store anyway for Col Scafford).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaplin717 wrote:
Thank you all for the replies. This really helps clears things up. I will look into Col. Scafford for sure and see how they want to do that in the Gencon pick up/ store ordering.

As to the Artifact sets, are they just pure extra loot cards available via the store and not part of any retail release? Are they actually web exclusive artifacts rather than a KS to retail gap closer then?

Are they worth it? (Since I will be in the web store anyway for Col Scafford).

FFP has $10 card sets for all their games that are only available from their web store. They aren't exclusive, but they aren't in the retail channel.

They are worth it only if you want more artifacts to find. I would say they are worth it if you play the game so much that you keep seeing the same artifacts and want to mix it up. They are a little pricey for what you get, but I think it's something FFP does to keep them in business, so I help support them by purchasing the cards.

They were an add-on in the pledgemanager post-KS. Having bought them ALL, I'll add that they haven't released the other 3 artifact decks for Blasted Wasts, Trederra and Derelict ship.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
Does anyone have experience with FFP at Gencon? Would it seem likely that they would have Col Scafford and Artifact add-on packs available at their booth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chaplin717 wrote:
Does anyone have experience with FFP at Gencon? Would it seem likely that they would have Col Scafford and Artifact add-on packs available at their booth?

While I haven't been, if you look at the facebook pictures from 2015, they seem to carry their entire line of items at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.