GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,822 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
36 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave» Forums » News

Subject: Some details about the upcoming KS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some details about the upcoming Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave were discussed on the latest episode of the 1 Player podcast - episode link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing all the info Mikolaj! Enjoyed listening to you.

I do want to clarify one thing... we will offer 3 (not 4) new Abductor Packs as part of the Crime Wave KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Was not interested in the theme at first. But the more I learn about this game the more awesome it sounds. Looking forward to the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
Thanks for sharing all the info Mikolaj! Enjoyed listening to you.

I do want to clarify one thing... we will offer 3 (not 4) new Abductor Packs as part of the Crime Wave KS.

Thanks for clarifying that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shay Walsh
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how many days the Kickstarter will last, when launched this Monday?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadGuyRIP wrote:
Does anyone know how many days the Kickstarter will last, when launched this Monday?

Till mid August
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shay Walsh
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers
Trying to convince wife that it will be after my payday on 22nd!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be the first no-brainer KS project I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jari H.
Finland
Satakunta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really looking forward for it

As a 2nd printing backer of the original i only hope that it will be this time priced so that its actually cheaper to back it in kickstarter than to buy it online cheaper (it was bit disappointing to find it so at the time i got my package)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrHarmaa wrote:
Really looking forward for it

As a 2nd printing backer of the original i only hope that it will be this time priced so that its actually cheaper to back it in kickstarter than to buy it online cheaper (it was bit disappointing to find it so at the time i got my package)...

People tend to forget that there are extras that come with KS and there is a cost AND added value to that. The Negotiator Cards alone added quite a bit of value. But totally understand if folks want to wait and get the game only without all the extras later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irwin COLAS
France
CRESSIN ROCHEFORT
FRANCE
flag msg tools
mbmb
mikolajl wrote:
Some details about the upcoming Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave were discussed on the latest episode of the 1 Player podcast - episode link.

Which hour the campaign will exactly start ? There is early bird available ? Could we have the bundle with the hostage negociator AND crime waves ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is now live.

No early bird. Yes you can get the original, but only if you go all in. Otherwise we encourage you to pick it up as the 3rd printing will hit distribution in the next week or 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cameron
United States
Martinez
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Backed!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1459655047/hostage-nego...

I am not sure if I can post the link, BUT I JUST DID whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of having the negotiator packs as add ons? I already own the first 4 abductor packs and thus would not need the "Captain" pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alittletoddler wrote:
Any chance of having the negotiator packs as add ons? I already own the first 4 abductor packs and thus would not need the "Captain" pledge.

Agreed, I own all previous Abductor packs and the Negotiator Series 1, but not Series 2. I would like to add "Series 2" only to the $50 level. Will that be possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rbwphx wrote:
alittletoddler wrote:

Agreed, I own all previous Abductor packs and the Negotiator Series 1, but not Series 2. I would like to add "Series 2" only to the $50 level. Will that be possible?

Per comments on the KS page, no add-ons. But they'll be available at a later date to purchase separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
rbwphx wrote:
alittletoddler wrote:

Per comments on the KS page, no add-ons. But they'll be available at a later date to purchase separately.

What is a Negotiator Series?

Ahh - I see it now: on the Chief and Crisis Commander levels.

I wonder why they aren't available unless getting EVERYTHING.

Guess we will have to wait to throw more money at VRG when it goes up on their site...

UPDATE: As I suspected, AJ has confirmed that these are not a part of the current Kickstarter due to fulfillment simplicity. He is doing his best to keep shipping cost low and the easier it is (less a la carte) the cheaper and faster the content can be sent out. Makes sense.

I look forward to getting these later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am keeping my fingers crossed for abductor meeples for the new abductors as a stretch goal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
rbwphx wrote:
alittletoddler wrote:

We may change this due to the demand for this... stay tuned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
MentatYP wrote:
rbwphx wrote:
alittletoddler wrote:

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...
mbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:

I also would be interested in separate options, since I have everything from the first KS except for Series pack 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be a downer or anyting.. but what's up with the costs on this one? From what I can tell the 2nd print kick price was $20 and free shipping in the US. This one comes in at $35 and $10 for shipping making it more than twice the cost. It's a bigger box and a few more cards and bits, at least looking at the quick breakdowns on the KS pages but that doesn't seem to justify the increase... is there more to this package that I'm missing or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
aroncraig wrote:
Not to be a downer or anyting.. but what's up with the costs on this one? From what I can tell the 2nd print kick price was $20 and free shipping in the US. This one comes in at $35 and $10 for shipping making it more than twice the cost. It's a bigger box and a few more cards and bits, at least looking at the quick breakdowns on the KS pages but that doesn't seem to justify the increase... is there more to this package that I'm missing or something?

Larger box = larger shipping costs! There is just no way around that. Plus with extra tokens and dividers/insert and more cards it costs more to produce. Then there is also inflation. Given the awesomeness of the game and the extent of the replayability though I would venture to say it is worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So for those of us who don't have HN but want it, we can't choose the $35 level and add on the base game? We have to go in at $90 for the whole shooting match?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.