When tracing supply back from Div HQ to "Leg" infantry units, can i use the road supply trace movement rates?
1. Use 1/2 movement supply rate on secondary road for tracing supply.
2. Use 1/3 movement supply rate on primary road for tracing supply.
15.2.2 2nd bullet states that formation type determines movement class of supply path for HQ to unit and refers to 9.3.3a to determine formation type.
ALL Allied divisions are considered mechanized and thus can use mechanized movement rates to trace supply so yes they can utilize supply road rates.
Tom is correct.
One nuance is the fourth bullet in 15.2.3b is that when tracing from a Mech Formation HQ to a unit, the player can choose to use either leg or Mech for each unit. Which helps when you are in certain terrain. If using the leg supply path, the bonus for roads cannot be used. If choosing the Mech supply path it can.
15.2.2 Supply Path Movement Class
• The movement class of a supply path that is traced from a PSS to army, corps, and finally formation HQ must be mechanized.
• The movement class of the supply path from a formation HQ to its subordinate units depends on the type of formation HQ being traced from (9.3.3a).
• When counting MP do not add in cost of moving adjacent to enemy units. When tracing supply paths during Night GTs, do not use night turn MP costs.
15.2.3b HQ to Unit Supply Path
When tracing from a HQ to a unit, the length of that path is limited as follows:
• Leg formation supply paths cannot exceed 12 Leg class MP.
• Axis Mech formation supply paths cannot exceed 12 Mech class MP.
• Allied Mech formation supply paths cannot exceed 18 Mech class MP.
• Mech formation HQs can choose to trace a supply path using Mech class or Leg class movement costs. This decision must be made prior to tracing a supply path to each individual unit. Each path may only utilize one movement class rate during the current phase.
• If a Truck Point from the army truck point total is assigned to a leg formation HQ, all units of that formation can use the Mech class supply path MP.
• If a unit is in GenS (not extended) all adjacent friendly units who are subordinate to the original unit’s superior HQ is also in GenS. The hexside between the two hexes cannot prohibit tactical movement or consist of an un-bridged river hexside.
Exception: Engineer unis may allow tracing a supply path over a river (15.2.2b).
- Last edited Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:53 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:08 pm