Lee Benson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
...and I'm back in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb

Bummer Summer is a role-selection and set collection game for 2-4 players.

ABOUT THE GAME
Concept
Your parents have shipped you off to summer camp when all you want to do is watch cartoons until fall. Plus, this summer camp makes you do chores! You and the other kids in your cabin decide to spend the next week of camp giving the other campers what they want in exchange for them taking over your KP duty. You’ll have to lie, cheat and steal to get batteries, friendship bracelets and homemade cookies so that you don’t have to wash another dish for the rest of summer.

How it works
Each player has a set of six identical action cards. They play one to carry out the action and all other players (typically) carry out a lesser form of that action. The action card used goes to the bottom of their discard and they draw the top card from their discard. As such, you always know which actions every other player has available and which you have coming up.

The Actions
Take Requests: Draw order cards.
Raid: Take 1/2 of a resource.
Go to Market: Buy or sell resources.
Cheat at Cards: Take resources from other players.
Fulfill Orders: Complete order cards with collected resources.
Steal: Take money from other players.

Rules
The full rules can be viewed in this Google doc that I'm keeping up to date.

Playtesting
If you're interested in trying it out and giving feedback, check out the playtest thread or send me a message or leave a comment.

I'm posting on here in hopes of getting feedback and thoughts on this game. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to talk about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Benson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
...and I'm back in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] Bummer Summer - 2-4p action/role selection & set collection game
It seems that the strongest strategy is simply to get orders that have big point values, no matter how difficult they seem. The special card effects don't seem to help very much and generally aren't worth going for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.